Fleetwood Mac 2015

Matt42

Was searching for the fleetwood thread, but couldn't find one... because some how it doesn't exist?

Anyway as you may of seen

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140925a.shtml

More to suggest that they are doing it next year, is it fair to say it's very near being a done deal if they've admitted they will be touring in May and will be in the UK around that time frame?

Didn't look very far did you? (and there is defo an actual Fleetwood Mac thread around somewhere :P)

Prove there is one then :P

I searched about 30 pages, and some of these pages were topics from way before this years fest.

Probably being discussed in the 2015 headliners thread as most have accepted them as 2015 headliners for some time.

every other headliner has their own thread, I guess a fleetwood one would pop up soon anyway

I've never seen them and not their biggest fan. I can't help thinking it might be a bit boring.

If anyone has seen them then what's your opinion. It does seem mad that I'm not arsed in the slightest if they play.

My brother went to see them last year with his wife, she's a massive fan, him not so much. He said they were unbelievable live and up there with some of the best live performances he'd ever seen

any stupid rap artist so all the kids will fuck off lol

great idea ;)

I saw FM a year ago and they were phenomenal. Sounded great...they really are faultless live. I did not want the gig to end. Was gutted that they wernt headlining last year, and have been waiting for them to headline for a long time.

Will be the perfect setting and the perfect gig at Glasto. Cant wait....just gotta secure tickets now :ninja:

If they end up doing a UK tour next year, ill get tickets again.

It amazes me how fleetwood mac are seemingly flavour of the month these days. If you confessed to being a fan years ago you would have been laughed out of town.

Do people getting excited about them actually know that much about them? Or have they just climbed aboard the hype train.

The eagles were mocked this time last year for being dull and middle of the road. Yet fleetwood mac are lauded. It's madness.

What I'm trying to say is: they're shit.

• Upvote 2

It amazes me how fleetwood mac are seemingly flavour of the month these days. If you confessed to being a fan years ago you would have been laughed out of town.

Do people getting excited about them actually know that much about them? Or have they just climbed aboard the hype train.

The eagles were mocked this time last year for being dull and middle of the road. Yet fleetwood mac are lauded. It's madness.

Even the Peter Green stuff?

Blah, blah, blah

Somewhen the best part of ten years ago now, I got word thru one of my data-hounds - who'd just spoken to one of FM (I forget which now) - that they'd be playing Glastonbury that year, so I added it as a TBC.

At some point not so long after that I happened to be chatting with Michael Eavis, and he told me that Fleetwood Mac weren't booked and said "no one cares about them now".

(I presume that me hearing that they were booked was a the result of a manager saying to that band member that he'd get Glastonbury sorted for them).

The revival of interest in them seems to have come about because of Glee. :O

Edited by eFestivals

Yep absolutely. Musical interests take a backseat to ticking boxes at festivals now.