Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

11 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Now a rumour for Friday other??? Is this good info??

in theory, because of where it's initially come from, it should be good info - that he's headlining the Other.

However, the guy who passed me the info doesn't seem to much believe it himself (I'm not exactly sure why), and there's been lots of claims that Kendrick is a BST exclusive.

It does appear to be the case that Kendrick was what Glasto were trying to do, but whether it's all come together is perhaps another thing.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

in theory, because of where it's initially come from, it should be good info - that he's headlining the Other.

However, the guy who passed me the info doesn't seem to much believe it himself (I'm not exactly sure why), and there's been lots of claims that Kendrick is a BST exclusive.

It does appear to be the case that Kendrick was what Glasto were trying to do, but whether it's all come together is perhaps another thing.

Would be good news (we know how bogus exclusivity stuff can be too), but what in god's name does this mean for LCD?

1 minute ago, defrio29 said:

I have a solution that will please everyone (I think):

Friday

Pyramid:

17:30-18:30 - Kendrick Lamar
19:15-20:25 - LCD Soundsystem
21:15-23:35 - Radiohead

Other
Muse opens up the Other Stage
Disclosure Headlining it, Bastille Sub.

^_^

Do NOT do that to me. That would easily be one of the best nights of music for me but it would also sort a few of the others in my group out.

Can see LCD sub headlining Pyramid and Kendrick playing Other vs Muse. 

If Kendrick plays opposite Muse/Radiohead then literally everyone in the world can fuck right off. 

Same goes for Sigur Rós and LCD Soundsystem.

Why do we have pissing BMTH and New Order nailed on for the other days. 

Edit: Put them all subbing the Pyramid and we're good. Kendrick seems more of a Pyramid sub than Other headliner to me, anyway.  Although I imagine an Other headlining set from him would be incredible.

Edited by Will-2609
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i think Kendrick subbing Pyramid with LCD headlining Other would be more likely.

FUCK! Yeah that's what I wouldve guessed. Hope the info is slightly off and that this is the case (although Kendrick vs Muse would do me fine as well - just don't let Radiohead enter this equation)

Someone's gonna be heartbroken, it changes for me day by day.

Will it be LCD that doesn't play? Radiohead? There's too many acts that look good to play for it to all be true with no clashes. 

I do think Kendrick would be more likely to sub than headline Other though. Especially given he's 'subbing' at Hyde Park. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Fucking hell don't do this to me. I mean do, because Kendrick is number 1 on my wish list for Glastonbury. But I had almost accepted that it wasn't happening.... and now it might be.

I've zero interest in watching Muse so that clash would be ideal for me. Radiohead clash would be a killer.... but I think I'd go Kendrick. Maybe. Oh fuck I don't know.

• Upvote 1

I've got a theory. Kendrick for the Ben Howard type slot before the last act as a sorta coheadliner (Ben Howard and his band were apparently informed they were headlining) so considering whoever it was named New Order and Cornrow Kenny together then Kendrick before them. There have been a  few bigger, more mainstream subs on the Other that would appeal to people not wanting to miss a Pyramid headliner.

Still think the BST exclusivity will hold true but just a thought.

4 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Someone's gonna be heartbroken, it changes for me day by day.

Will it be LCD that doesn't play? Radiohead? There's too many acts that look good to play for it to all be true with no clashes. 

I do think Kendrick would be more likely to sub than headline Other though. Especially given he's 'subbing' at Hyde Park. 

Some aren't, I don't want any of them lol.