Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

Just now, Bza said:

Anyone else think of Radiohead's Pyramid Song when they hear How Much a Dollar Cost?

yeah, it always makes me think of Pyramid Song. I even looked it up when I first heard it to see whether it's actually a sample. It's not! Sounds very similar though. President Obama's favourite song of last year was How Much a Dollar Cost so I have to assume he also loves Amnesiac

6 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Was Taylor Swift's album not recognised in last year's Grammy awards? It has been out quite a while, right?

The nomination window is really weird. Something like October 1st to September 30th. Thinking Out Loud (released June 2014) won 'song of the year' too.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I find the timing of the Kendrick hype really interesting. I was banging on about Good Kid Maad City to my mates when it first came out and no one really gave a shit. Everyone is now all in after Butterfly, when for my money Maad City is the far superior album.

To clarify, both albums are absolutely exceptional. I just think Maad City pushed more boundaries, is a more cohesive album and had the better 'singles' to boot. I can see if you listened to Butterfly first you would prefer it however.

It's great to finally see him getting the credit he deserves though. I remember an interview with Dre from 2011 where he said Kendrick was the most exciting young talent he'd ever worked with, and after 5 years of being a fan he's finally receiving the mainstream credit he deserves. He's the most exciting thing in hip hop since N.W.A and I think he makes Kanye look like an amateur.

1 hour ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I can't stop listening to it. An early contender for my Album of the Year.

travelling up to Glasgow at the end of the month to see Paak. The kid's just signed to Aftermath for his next record, he's gonna be a big un.

Is there any legs on that Kendrick Other Stage headliner rumour from a few weeks back? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there any legs on that Kendrick Other Stage headliner rumour from a few weeks back? 

He's down as a BST festival exclusive, so as much as I want him to play, i.e. he'd probably be my number one choice if I got to pick an act I wanted to see at Glastonbury, I don't think it's happening. I'm expecting some UK shows though. I think he's pretty well overdue on those. 

14 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

He's down as a BST festival exclusive, so as much as I want him to play, i.e. he'd probably be my number one choice if I got to pick an act I wanted to see at Glastonbury, I don't think it's happening. I'm expecting some UK shows though. I think he's pretty well overdue on those. 

Where does it say festival exclusive? A quick google gave me nothing and their page doesn't seem to say that...

3 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Where does it say festival exclusive? A quick google gave me nothing and their page doesn't seem to say that...

it says it in the youtube description for this video advertising BST 

and because I've 'liked' Kendrick's facebook page I've been getting targeted ads advertising BST as a festival exclusive... although I just went on to see if I could find the ad to screenshot and of course it's not showing up when I need it :rolleyes:

Here's the facebook ads advertising him as an exclusive... as much as I want to believe it's bollocks I'm not sure it is. BST has a hard enough time shifting tickets because Hyde Park is such a shite place to watch a gig. I think they try and get exclusives because it's the only way anyone's gonna go to BST.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 18.46.11.png

17 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

I'm holding out for tour dates/£2.50 BST tickets. Probably would've already bought tickets if Kendrick was getting a full headline slot. I'm not really a fan of Florence 

I'd be going if Kendrick was getting a full headline slot. But no way I'm paying for a weekend in thatLondon for a Florence gig.