Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/a969ba16-5550-48d5-a35c-f1b2b54457c0

Worryingly there's mention of Kendrick here, hope he hasn't got one of those no broadcast deals in place.

Seems likely with all the other headliners mentioned as part of the highlights yet no sniff of him, he’s clearly the biggest draw of the weekend so I’d imagine beeb shouting his name from the rooftops. 

12 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is that all he played on his tour or just festivals? It's not like he's short on material.

Pretty sure it's all he played on his tour. Someone posted this in the R&L section yesterday when the set times came out.

"Now that the proper set times are out I think it's clear that the reason Kendrick is 'coheadlining' is because his set, like it was on his own tour, is only 1hr15 long. Panic have been able to get a set just as long because of that which is why they probably billed it as a coheadline. I'm sure if Kendrick wanted 1hr30+ then Panic would have just been billed as a regular sub."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh boy. 4th October is a Thursday so probably more likely a single than album. Kendrick has been shooting a music vid in Atlanta so that's probably what this is. Hope it's part of the .Paak album which hopefully follows shortly after.

Also as if it's almost October already. Feels like 5 mins since the 2017 music thread ended and the 2018 one began.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Oh boy. 4th October is a Thursday so probably more likely a single than album. Kendrick has been shooting a music vid in Atlanta so that's probably what this is. Hope it's part of the .Paak album which hopefully follows shortly after.

Also as if it's almost October already. Feels like 5 mins since the 2017 music thread ended and the 2018 one began.

I know Fridays are the day where everything tends to be released now, how come that isn't the case for singles? 

I noticed that Yhandi is supposed to come out Saturday (29th Sep). Not like Kanye to stick to conventions I guess.

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I know Fridays are the day where everything tends to be released now, how come that isn't the case for singles? 

I noticed that Yhandi is supposed to come out Saturday (29th Sep). Not like Kanye to stick to conventions I guess.

I don't think singles have any specific day, they just drop whenever.

Yeah Kanye is premiering it on SNL I think. Apparently that's what he did with TLOP and announced on air that it was out now on Tidal or whatever.