Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

The only solution to this vapid quandary is for everyone to stop using that particular word, everywhere, in all circumstances.

We all know that ain't gonna happen.

From the heart, full of love.....

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is no one bothered about this? Kendrick’s used his considerable influence to reinstate a guy who’s been accused of a string of violent, and in some cases horrific abuses. Just cos he fucks with his shitty music. Shit should be hitting the fan.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Is no one bothered about this? Kendrick’s used his considerable influence to reinstate a guy who’s been accused of a string of violent, and in some cases horrific abuses. Just cos he fucks with his shitty music. Shit should be hitting the fan.

Yeah it’s gross, I could maybe even understand if Spotify had banned X but they literally only took him off the playlist. 

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it’s a very shitty thing to do, especially making it about race when that very much isn’t the issue here. I guess it’s still a bit of a grey area over which artists should or shouldn’t be penalised like this, but this Xxx guy is a piece of shit and should definitely not be getting supported and Kendrick threatening to pull his own music is lame as hell.

1 hour ago, battleborn said:

Hip hop artist playing the race card completely unnecessarily, quelle surprise. 

"If You Take Me Seriously, You're Silly"

I guess that little disclaimer lets you feel comfortable being a complete shit for no good reason?

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I'm not being a complete shit. It's quite clearly hate speech that's led to these tracks being removed, if Kendrick thinks banning hate speech unfairly targets black performers then there's a serious concern hate speech is too acceptable in hip hop.

That is a much more nuanced and reasonable position than "Those damn rappers are playing the race card again, amirite?"

Maybe open with that next time

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Don't know enough about it tbf. Looked up this X chap, he sound lovely. Dick move by Kendrick? Maybe.

What I couldn't find is the detail of what other artists have been excluded by Spotify. I know some white supremacist bands were removed last year, but is there anything to support the claim it's unfairly targeting black artists? 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Don't know enough about it tbf. Looked up this X chap, he sound lovely. Dick move by Kendrick? Maybe.

What I couldn't find is the detail of what other artists have been excluded by Spotify. I know some white supremacist bands were removed last year, but is there anything to support the claim it's unfairly targeting black artists? 

I think it's just R Kelly and XXXTentacion so far. It is a really flawed way of going about things because immediately people started popping up and saying Eminem and Red Hot Chili Peppers should be removed from playlists too and how do they justify some but not others? Still though, it's only two names and Kendrick wasn't slick in doing what he did because XXXTentacion - who he has championed in the past - was reinstated within hours so obviously that was the motive.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hope he drops in a cheeky "See you next Summer" to send us wild on here.

What's the deal with live coverage of R&L nowadays? Anywhere I'll be able to watch his set live on Saturday night? Haven't bothered doing so for years.

BBC streams main stage and NME on their site still I think. Might stick it on if I'm not up to much. Or just watch some highlights later on.

• Downvote 1