Kendrick Lamar

kalifire

I was thinking that, they do specifically say "only UK festival appearance" whereas with florence its "Only UK show of 2016"

Although saying that, The Strokes were billed last year as being UK festival exclusive rather then only UK show

Edited by Callum_96

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The wording definitely suggests he's out

image.png

Wasn't this what was discussed when it was announced and Neil didn't suggest but thought the same as a few of us that given BST isn't known for it's sellouts that at this moment they would make this out to be true. Afterall, until a show is announced elsewhere it is the only UK up to that point,

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Hmm idk. There was no obvious obstacle to her doing T in 2015 if she was going to do it on this album.

The T head honcho said they couldn't fit her in because they already had three headliners, but then she didn't initially get booked to headline Glastonbury. It was very weird for this year but it turned out alright in the end. I think she might have only wanted to play Glastonbury or something.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The T head honcho said they couldn't fit her in because they already had three headliners, but then she didn't initially get booked to headline Glastonbury. It was very weird for this year but it turned out alright in the end. I think she might have only wanted to play Glastonbury or something.

The T headers for 2015 were so dull as dishwater and very samey - barring the unlikely event that Flo only popped up very late in the day, after contracts had already been signed, then I don't see why they wouldn't have sacked off Kasabian or NGHFB to get her on. I'd agree it looked like a conscious decision on her part just to stick to Glasters and R1BW. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm it does say on the tweet that it's his only UK festival show, but on the BST website description of the event it says nothing like that. And for the strokes last year the fact that it was their only festival show of 2015 was all over the website. Hopefully they're bullshitting a bit

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Hmmm it does say on the tweet that it's his only UK festival show, but on the BST website description of the event it says nothing like that. And for the strokes last year the fact that it was their only festival show of 2015 was all over the website. Hopefully they're bullshitting a bit

i guess it could be tjhe case that because Glastonbury doesnt announce for so long, they're hoping to shift a few more tickets to Kendrick fans in the meantime. fairly sure there were a fair few (Flying Lotus, for example) festival exclusives elsewhere that proved to be playing Glastonbury in the end. fingers crossed this is another one of those times. i feel like a couple of festivals may have taken advantage of Glastonbury's late lineup announcement this year to boost the exclusivity of their own acts (i fail to believe that they weren't informed about the acts playing Glastonbury also)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

i guess it could be tjhe case that because Glastonbury doesnt announce for so long, they're hoping to shift a few more tickets to Kendrick fans in the meantime. fairly sure there were a fair few (Flying Lotus, for example) festival exclusives elsewhere that proved to be playing Glastonbury in the end. fingers crossed this is another one of those times. i feel like a couple of festivals may have taken advantage of Glastonbury's late lineup announcement this year to boost the exclusivity of their own acts (i fail to believe that they weren't informed about the acts playing Glastonbury also)

I would say it's better to believe exclusivity claims and be pleasantly surprised if they turn out to be incorrect rather than disregarding them. Kendrick would be a brilliant addition but it's not like we don't have plenty of acts to fantasise about without him.

• 3 weeks later...