Artists with new material late 2014 / 2015. Who could play in 2015.

Matt42

Setlist from the last of the 8 shows they did in Japan in 1993...

Absolution Blues
Slide It In
Rock and Roll
Over Now
Kashmir
Pride and Joy
Take a Look at Yourself
Take Me for a Little While
In My Time of Dying
Here I Go Again
White Summer
Black Mountain Side
Don't Leave Me This Way
Shake My Tree
Whole Lotta Love
Still of the Night
Black Dog
Feeling Hot
They did Slide It In :sarcastic:

I've heard Faith No More are in the studio and are going to release a new album next year around April. Who knows which festivals they would play. Glasto maybe?

I would bloody love Faith No More - cant imagine it though. AC/DC new album - that would be pretty damn swell (only if I get tickets - if I don't, I don't want to see AC/DC on the line up!!)

Jamie T's new album out now, he seems to be everywhere at the moment, reckon he'll be there..did he play John Peel last time he was there?

Faith No More will almost definitely be at either Download or Sonisphere. not sure if they'd be classed as big enough to headline anymore but they'd make a very good sub

Jamie T will definitely be at Glastonbury. a decent Other slot (would've said JP headline but yeah, he did that last time)

Faith No More will almost definitely be at either Download or Sonisphere. not sure if they'd be classed as big enough to headline anymore but they'd make a very good sub

Jamie T will definitely be at Glastonbury. a decent Other slot (would've said JP headline but yeah, he did that last time)

If he's on Other I'd say he'd be fairly high. To be honest until the album was announced I'd forgotten how big he'd been before.

Yep, I do agree with you on this one. I think Sonisphere would be a better bet than Download after FNM pissed off Andy Copping by playing Reading, second stage in 2009, the same year as Copping had booked them as a Download headliner.

I can't really see them doing Glasto out of the heavier bands, partially due there obscure position in the heavy metal/rock scene. Justified by the lack of tickets sold by Sonisphere in 2012 when they were billed as headliner.

I think the likes of QOTSA and NIN and SOAD and Soundgarden and Deftones would catch the regular Glastonbury goers eye more.

Especially with them needing darkness... suppose they could do the same slot again?

Jesus hopefully not! Ruined what could have been great end to the Festival (Smashing Pumpkins :P)

Hopefully to soon for them to return to the same slot and they have to deal with some day light :P

• Downvote 1

Re: The XX, I will probably get a lot of stick for this, but I reckon they're a pretty safe bet for headliners, if not off the back of the 3rd album then surely the 4th - assuming their current popularity is maintained, of course. Reckon they'll headline Bestival next year anyway.

Re: The XX, I will probably get a lot of stick for this, but I reckon they're a pretty safe bet for headliners, if not off the back of the 3rd album then surely the 4th - assuming their current popularity is maintained, of course. Reckon they'll headline Bestival next year anyway.

Bit to depressing for a pyramid headline imo. It's hard to place them now they've headlined other so unless they do that again I can't see them returning in the near future.

Bit to depressing for a pyramid headline imo. It's hard to place them now they've headlined other so unless they do that again I can't see them returning in the near future.

Yeah sub is probably not the right timing for them. To their credit though, their live shows are much more dancey than their recorded output.

I agree. I think they’re very good, too.

Edit: I don't agree with the idea that certain acts ‘need’ the darkness to play, either. Some would suit it much better, sure, but that applies to loads of music. If they really rely on it then they should probably work on writing better songs. Think The XX would be a good sub.

Edited by bocumaroy

Probably already been mentioned but I haven't read all of this thread;

Ben Howard's 2nd album is due for release soon and Alt-J have just scored a number 1 album so they'll probably be around.

Plus George Ezra (who played BBC Introducing this year) just got to number 1 with his debut album so he might be down for a bigger slot? - Possibly low-mid pyramid?

New Afro Celt Sound System album "Born" due "soon". Would be immense on West Holts headline slot and absolutely unmissable for me at least.

Afro-Celts headlining West Holts would rocket towards the top of my all-time greatest Glasto moments. A spine-tinglingly, hair-raisingly thrilling prospect.