Artists with new material late 2014 / 2015. Who could play in 2015.

Matt42

The Endless River, the new Pink Floyd album from David Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason, were revealed today as the album artwork appeared on buildings in ten international cities, including an eight metre lit installation on London’s South Bank. The album will be released on Parlophone on 10 November and is produced by David Gilmour, Phil Manzanera, Youth and Andy Jackson.

David Gilmour said:

“The Endless River has as its starting point the music that came from the 1993 Division Bell sessions. We listened to over 20 hours of the three of us playing together and selected the music we wanted to work on for the new album. Over the last year we've added new parts, re-recorded others and generally harnessed studio technology to make a 21st century Pink Floyd album. With Rick gone, and with him the chance of ever doing it again, it feels right that these revisited and reworked tracks should be made available as part of our repertoire.”

Nick Mason said:

“The Endless River is a tribute to Rick. I think this record is a good way of recognizing a lot of what he does and how his playing was at the heart of the Pink Floyd sound. Listening back to the sessions, it really brought home to me what a special player he was.”

The Endless River is mainly an instrumental album across ‘four sides’ with one song, ‘Louder Than Words’ with new lyrics by Polly Samson.

The concept for the powerful imagery of a man rowing on a ‘river’ of clouds was created by Ahmed Emad Eldin, an 18-year-old Egyptian digital artist. Ahmed’s image was then re-created by Stylorouge, award-winning UK design agency. In London, The Endless River artwork is displayed on an eight metre high, illuminated cube installation on the South Bank.

Pink Floyd’s album artwork, mostly created by Storm Thorgerson of Hipgnosis, is as legendary as the band’s music. With Storm’s passing in 2013, the task of finding an image that carried on Storm’s legacy passed to Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell, Storm’s original partner in Hipgnosis. Po said:

‘When we saw Ahmed’s image it had an instant Floydian resonance. It’s enigmatic and open to interpretation, and is the cover that works so well for The Endless River.”

Perfume Genius would be great. His new album is shaping up quite nicely and seems like quite a departure from his last album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUzs4NDa64

Only listened to that track, wonder if he's a fan of PlanningtoRock!

The Endless River, the new Pink Floyd album from David Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason, were revealed today as the album artwork appeared on buildings in ten international cities, including an eight metre lit installation on London’s South Bank. The album will be released on Parlophone on 10 November and is produced by David Gilmour, Phil Manzanera, Youth and Andy Jackson.

David Gilmour said:

“The Endless River has as its starting point the music that came from the 1993 Division Bell sessions. We listened to over 20 hours of the three of us playing together and selected the music we wanted to work on for the new album. Over the last year we've added new parts, re-recorded others and generally harnessed studio technology to make a 21st century Pink Floyd album. With Rick gone, and with him the chance of ever doing it again, it feels right that these revisited and reworked tracks should be made available as part of our repertoire.”

Nick Mason said:

“The Endless River is a tribute to Rick. I think this record is a good way of recognizing a lot of what he does and how his playing was at the heart of the Pink Floyd sound. Listening back to the sessions, it really brought home to me what a special player he was.”

The Endless River is mainly an instrumental album across ‘four sides’ with one song, ‘Louder Than Words’ with new lyrics by Polly Samson.

The concept for the powerful imagery of a man rowing on a ‘river’ of clouds was created by Ahmed Emad Eldin, an 18-year-old Egyptian digital artist. Ahmed’s image was then re-created by Stylorouge, award-winning UK design agency. In London, The Endless River artwork is displayed on an eight metre high, illuminated cube installation on the South Bank.

Pink Floyd’s album artwork, mostly created by Storm Thorgerson of Hipgnosis, is as legendary as the band’s music. With Storm’s passing in 2013, the task of finding an image that carried on Storm’s legacy passed to Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell, Storm’s original partner in Hipgnosis. Po said:

‘When we saw Ahmed’s image it had an instant Floydian resonance. It’s enigmatic and open to interpretation, and is the cover that works so well for The Endless River.”

Something I imagine you already know about, but i will bring out again the most ridulous decision made by the Eavii. Kings of Leon over Pink Floyd. :D Too much bad blood on that decision i reckon reading the quotes.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/oct/07/pink.floyd.keyboardist.denied.last.wish

New Kendrick Lamar single is on Soundcloud. Not what I was expecting (but then what was I expecting?) but I love it.

https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/i-1

yeah definitely not what i was expecting. sounds like it was written with being a single in mind, but it's still a great song. just hope the entire album's not like this (which i doubt it will)

New Kendrick Lamar single is on Soundcloud. Not what I was expecting (but then what was I expecting?) but I love it.

https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/i-1

Is, Kendrick Lamar actually any good? I hear his name and is screams to me 'chart music' but seeing as you cultured eFestival forumers are taking to it, it must alright then.

Mark Knopfler is touring in may next year

Oooooh. I fancy a guitarists' guitarist next year on the Pyramid like Slash.

I'm not too familiar with Knopfler, but I know Joe Bonomassa, who is a guitar god. Could Steve Vai do it, or Joe Satriani, or Jeff Beck?