Acts Touring Around Glastonbury Time 2015

Gnomicide

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - with a mahoosive Glasto-shaped hole in the middle - surely nailed on for Sunday PM slot ?

Manchester Arena - 26 Jun 2015

London Royal Albert Hall - 29 & 30

Birmingham LG Arena - 02 July 2015

Bournemouth BIC - 03

Id say from those dates Saturday is more likely if any - they're getting on a bit 3 nights on the trot would be less likely.

saw him at Wireless and whilst he has all the songs to get the crowd going, performance wise it was poor, with a lot of on stage antics and holding the mic out to the crowd to mask the fact that he can't really sing (or rap) well at all. wouldn't surprise me to see him booked though as obviously a big crowd pleaser

Third down is pretty fair. He played third down at T and all the subs played lower than sub at Glastonbury, and I don't assume he's more popular with the Glastonbury audience than T either.

Pretty good booking if they do make it though. His mug plastered all over the coverage would be good for following years.

at the times of subbing i don't think any of those acts were as big as Pharrell is now, although i'd hope he'd take third as sub would be wasted on him and his pantomime live show

Oh right. I kinda see the point but I think Pharrell's size might be being overstated because of the sheer domination he's taken over TV and radio and stuff. His album did well and all that but I don't believe this tour flew out (I was constantly seeing competitions and ads for his shows, which I know is a fairly small marker but it's something) and I just think he's generally not as popular with people old enough to go to gigs. Like I said before about T in the Park, he got a third down slot when Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini and Jake Bugg subbed, and that was off the back of a strong 2013. I don't think he's a clear shot sub but I guess he could do it.

Pretty good booking if they do make it though. His mug plastered all over the coverage would be good for following years.

No no it wouldn't be good :P Glastonbury is doing quite fine without more people wanting to go, especially people who think his performences are worthwhile. (A shame, as he does have a couple of decent songs.)

Are those four similar or something?

at the times of subbing i don't think any of those acts were as big as Pharrell is now, although i'd hope he'd take third as sub would be wasted on him and his pantomime live show

Thanks for elaborating. That was my point :)

Edited by Justiceforcedave

Where would Taylor Swift play though? 3rd down on the Pyramid on Friday early evening. Wasn't that the Lily Allen slot this year.

Robbie Williams would be a disaster. He believes he is more popular than he is

She'd headline unless Eavis could bargain a sub.

Where would Taylor Swift play though? 3rd down on the Pyramid on Friday early evening. Wasn't that the Lily Allen slot this year.

Robbie Williams would be a disaster. He believes he is more popular than he is

He believes that he can sell out stadiums and does sell out stadiums?

Edited by zero000