ilbeyene

Ok, maybe I was too optimistic in that comment but everywhere I read about Sziget 2015 I only read about pessimistic people thinking the 2013 situation will be back again. In 2013 Outside Lands and Summer Sonic were in the same week of Sziget. Next year San Francisco's one is one week before and Japan's one is the week after. It's not exactly the same as 2013. Summer Sonic will be a problem for Pukkelpop, Lowlands and Frequency more than Sziget.

Edited by ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just have to find the balance between pessimism and optimism: realism.

Outside land festival will be held from 8 to 10 august (the week-end before not the week before);

Summer Sonic will be held the week-end of Sziget (16-17, to be confirmed).

The only problem would be the headliners that the 2 festivals will share because it's easier to go directly from SF to Tokyo than going through Europe. Other than that, bands can still come to Sziget after Outside Land for the week-end and continue for Pukkelpop and on...

8 hours 'till the Reading announcement (Linkin Park ended their tour yesterday, i'd put some money on them) :P

Last summer Summer Sonic was the same week end of Sziget and Outside Lands the week end before. Just like this year. I know we had Pukkelpop and Lowlands the same week, but let's try to think positive. After the first and the second announcement, if we see the lineup is going down, we can start to complain and feel worry about the 2015 edition. 'Till then I try to relax and be positive :)

And I'm not even that worried if the lineup will be weaker. The 2013 edition was amazing. I had incredibly fun and the thing that there were less bands I was interested in made me totally enjoy the island. To me 2013>2014 for fun ;)

Edited by ilbeyene

Well, I didn't know! I read a lot on the Glastonbury thread that people want at least a night with a headliner they don't like so they can stay far from the pyramid and enjoy the festival. I guess same goes for Sziget...

I missed 2 headliners this year (Macklemore and Outkast) and it was ok. I didn't even do all the non-musical activities.

You're right, Sziget is fun anyway! Even without Muse and the Foo's :P

Hi all

I'm looking to go either by myself or with a friend this year to Sziget...I have been looking at the pre-settled caravans for 3.

My question is - can you get a pre settled caravan if there are less than 3 people? So, if I wanted to get one either for myself or for me and a friend? Would I just pay the VIP camping cost plus the caravan cost for one/two people?

Thanks!

So the €120 for the caravan plus the €139 each for VIP...what'd the cost be for one person in a caravan, is that the €120+€139? Or is the €120 for the caravan each person?! So confused!

Hi, I stayed in one of the caravans this year. I'm pretty certain you can sleep one or two in a three person caravan, if you like (pretty sure you could get 4 or 5 in, if you wanted as they didn't seem to check!). We were chatting with a couple in the caravan next to ours and it was just the two of them in the 3 person caravan. Each person staying in the caravan needs a VIP ticket, but you only buy 1 caravan ticket per caravan. So, for example, if there was three sharing a caravan, you need to buy three VIP tickets and one caravan ticket. If there is just one person in the caravan, you need to buy one VIP ticket and one caravan ticket.

Looks like no AC/DC for sure. The only eastern Europe countries they'll play are Poland and Romania.

Not disappointed by that news that's for sure.

Really scratching my head who could headline to be honest. Metallica after the reading announcement, other than that no idea who's around Europe late August.