T minus and counting - 2015

whisty

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

280Bus.JPG

This bus route (280) throughout most of Central Rome is a north/south route along the Tiber. The north route (pink line) is on the right/east bank of the Tiber until it crosses at Ponte Umberto and heads norht along Piazza Cavour on the West side of the Tiber. This route returns southward (maroon/purple line) along the left/west bank of the Tiber
In southern Rome at Via Marmorata it leaves the river and passes near the Piramide Metro Stop before heading inot a loopm and ending at Piazza dei Partigiani just east of Piramide Metro stop.
so you could use this route if you were staying in Testaccio to get near to Centro Storico/ Piazza Navona area.

The Tickets has gone up £15 on last year which I have been informed was £205 + booking fee. I haven't looked this up myself , but do we think that £15 is a hike or not? Three less pints I suppose.

Edited by ghandi

I remember getting on this type of bus as late as during my years at secondary school;

heo280.jpg

I think the dodo bird was still around at that time too!

Talking of Dodo's, I also remember taking the drug dodo's in my youth. Now that really was a stupid thing to do. I really thought I was going to have a heart attack after taking one too many one time.

oh dear, i seem to have forgotten how to.....do lots of things, but post pictures of buses shouldn't be tricky. I will take some time out and learn, (how to delete posts too it seems).

Edited by Mrs*E*

To mark this historic day - Daimler No.278 (HTS 278) in the High Street, Dundee, around 1959.

hts278.jpg

Hello whisty. I saw that bus earlier but couldn't convince myself that it was 278 I was reading on the number plate. Thanks for confirming that it was 278, as it now means that mystery has been solved and I can get on with my life!

Also, just to say - nicely pitched post with the Scottish reference.

It's amazing how many photo's of busses are copyright protected, there must be quite the market for them. Anyway....

If you are right clicking and pasting then some photos will not post - I think it says something like this site will not allow that photo to be posted. However, if you double click on the photo initially, it will take you to another place (site) where the photo is also shown. If you then copy and paste this it nearly always results in the photo getting posted on here.

I'm not sure that's made any sense to anyone but me!

If you are right clicking and pasting then some photos will not post - I think it says something like this site will not allow that photo to be posted. However, if you double click on the photo initially, it will take you to another place (site) where the photo is also shown. If you then copy and paste this it nearly always results in the photo getting posted on here.

Maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't, no help I know :)

My way, right click on pic and select view image, then copy past that url. Can't get any flicker ones to work, they must have protection on them.

I found that too, and even if I don't get a 'copy' option on the right click menu, pressing Ctrl + V pastes it mostly, until I got a long page of coding about 2 pages back...

5949996632_38e49765bb_o.jpg

Found on the 278 route (London I presume?)

George+Devine+Blue+Plaque+Chiswick.jpg

Dodge S56/Alexander 278 (E278BRG) is seen alongside a National Welsh MCW MetroRider in Merthyr Tydfil Bus Station in the afternmath of the collapse of Merthyr Corporation.

f114ywoe278brg.JPG