Greast festival, but wtf went wrong with Levellers set?

just7

8th B.Days for us, another enoyable one, excellent bands, excellent ales. But not sure what happened with the Levellers Sunday night set. Seen 'em plenty of times before, so not worried as such. But the sound was just atrocious. It was far too quiet and the actual sound lacked definition and quality, it was turgid. Might have been better right up near front, we were half way back nr Hope Tavern. Normally the sound is absolutely spot on, the violin cuts right through and it all sounds great. I bet the Levellers wondered why the reaction to them was so muted, thats because most of us could hardly hear it!

Shame, I'm assuming they had some sort of serious technical malfunction, least I hope so, that cannot be intentional!

Lots of caravans in crew camping, I can't 100% recall in the general camper area, but I think there were caravans in there. There are definitely trailer tents in there. Look for some photo's or hopefully someone will come along and confirm. I know the rules say no, but... I have a feeling if you had a van field ticket you would be fine with a caravan.

From their website:

Q Can I bring a trailer tent – where will it go?
You can but you must purchase a campervan pass as you will need to drop your trailer tent in the campervan field and re-park in the car park. No cars are permitted to drive into the campsites.

Q Can I bring my caravan? Or what about a tipi?
Basically no. Due to our license we are unable to accommodate caravans. You can hire a handmade tipi from our partners Wig Wam Sam

I agree on the bass side of thing's, but have noticed on the main stage any bass players using basses with humbucker pick ups (gibson's) not cutting through the mix like single coil basses (fenderesque) Noticed it last year with the wonderstuff and the levellers.

• 2 months later...