Best Ever Headliners...

Guest gigs

I think the National are probably too big now aren't they? They are doing the O2 whereas I always felt EOTR headliners were closer to around theatre size.

Difficult to say really. Last year Sigur Ros played Wembley Arena which has a 12500 capacity. Where as the Flaming Lips played Brixton Academy earlier this year, which is 5000.

Edited by dirtycash

have to agree PJ would be perfect.

think The National pretty much do what they want now for festivals. they have recently done Flow in Helsinki (at 20,000) and Monterey at just 11,000, so you never know. however for the past eighteen months there have been statements about a 'break' but it hasn't happened yet.

Weirdly I posted this a year ago today.: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/180746-eotr-organisers-wishlist-2006/

A few more have been ticked of their original wish list having appeared at the festival this year.

The Black Keys and Arcade Fire are probably way to big now for EOTR. I'm still convinced that they will book Anthony and the Johnsons at some point.

Got to say the shout above for Sufjan, PJ Harvey and Beck would be incredible and dream highlights for each night. Sufjan IMO is the very best overall live experience I have ever encountered in circa 40 years of gig going he really is that good.

All relevant things crossed but I hear he has never done a festival.

Alternatively we could have a 10th anniversary of previous greatr headliners - Wilco, Mercury Rev and SFA anybody?

I really don't want a "best of". I mean, no doubt it would pretty great, but it want them to put everything into getting the big names that have eluded them in the past.

Sufjan may never have played a festival, but I like to think that anything is possible. I've seen him twice before. Once solo at Dingwalls when Seven Swans came out, and once in Shepheards Bush for Illinoise. Was gutted I couldn't make the RFH shows.

Some sort of Steam Fair crossover on the cards - Wurzels could reinterpret "Trials of Van Occupanther", surely the best LP from EOTR's first year.

That was first time I saw MIdlake live, songs from Van Occupanther under the stars on the garden stage, truly magical.

How was Josh Ritter the Friday night headliner and not them?