Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

My best mates boss, his brother is a roadie for Kasabian and he reckons it's them who are doing the secret set.

Who knows. I'm sticking with ATL or FOB.

Your best mate's boss's brother reckons that Kasbian were asked to play this year, declined and then offered to play a surprise set?

Whilst the details aren't available to me, I don't think it's that easy, or it'd be more commonplace, surely?

Well it's not as if non-V acts playing surprise sets is common. You're right that without knowing the exact wording of the contract clause/stipulation it's just conjcture, but I guess it depends how willing the act are to piss off the V organisers or forfeit whatever the clause/stipulation defines. If a band playign V want to rock up at Reading and play a surprise set they will, it's not as if the V orgainsers will block their path.

This is probably just very wishful thinking but has anyone considered Brand New?

Headlined Wembley Arena back in 2010. Seems like they're currently working on a new album and are touring a lot more than they usually do. Pulled out last year and said they would make it up. Don't have anything booked until the 28th of this month. UK exclusive to Hit The Deck Festival so would have to play a secret set to be allowed.

Probably just clutching at straws here.

This is probably just very wishful thinking but has anyone considered Brand New?

Headlined Wembley Arena back in 2010. Seems like they're currently working on a new album and are touring a lot more than they usually do. Pulled out last year and said they would make it up. Don't have anything booked until the 28th of this month. UK exclusive to Hit The Deck Festival so would have to play a secret set to be allowed.

would be amazing and make me wish i was there so no thank you

Bloody hell, don't start getting my hopes up.

Wishful thinking but The Gaslight Anthem? New album out yesterday, they're playing a few secret shows around the US at the moment but nothing official booked until early September. Then they're playing ally pally in November. They love the festival and the festival seems to love booking them, I can imagine they probably declined the offer back when they were booking bands too.

Edited by jonnyisRFC

As I said, clutching at straws

Edit: Also isn't that why Gallows were listed as the Rats in 2010, because they were Hevy exclusive?

They were playing lots of secret shows as The Rats around that time, they were even supporting other bands as Rats who were smaller than them too.

Does anyone think the rumours that its Korn hold any water? Would seem a bit out of place but the ticketing sites seem to all think their playing Leeds.

(Sorry if this has been discussed before)

They're available as their European tour finishes a few days before and US starts a week after, but it would be an odd move given that they've never played. I see they're on songkick as playing Leeds but as that can be edited by anyone I wouldn't trust it, not sure what other sites have them down as playing.