Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

Has anyone mentioned Jane's Addiction yet on this thread?

They play Brixton on 20th August and Manchester on the 21st.

And they kind of have unfinished business after their last-minute cancellation a few years ago.

I'd put money on it being them, but I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to tell me why not.

Because given the announced lineup there will probably be about four people there who'd give a shit about JA?

Has anyone mentioned Jane's Addiction yet on this thread?

They play Brixton on 20th August and Manchester on the 21st.

And they kind of have unfinished business after their last-minute cancellation a few years ago.

I'd put money on it being them, but I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to tell me why not.

Here I am. I believe they're doing two dates in Norway (or somewhere else Nordic) over the weekend.

Looks like Paramore are supporting Fallout Boy on their US tour at the moment and R&L is in the middle of it and they have no other dates lined up when Paramore come over which could explain why they would play.

It is a co headline tour. Paramore stole the idea from Melvin as they liked it so much

Edited by justanothername

Looks like Paramore are supporting Fallout Boy on their US tour at the moment and R&L is in the middle of it and they have no other dates lined up when Paramore come over which could explain why they would play.

Still I think if they don't have other European dates it doesn't make much sense. It all costs money and they could probably do with a weekend's rest having been on tour since May.

Some festival rumours Twitter page that reckons it's FOB also says Jamie T is playing a secret set.

It will be The Replacements + Billie Joe Armstrong + Billie's Kid Whose Also @ R&L. Billie's been touring with The Replacements all Summer. Melivn will get away with claiming he has 3 mega suprises.

What you have there is one mild surprise that some people care about and two other shit ones that no one cares about. Not even Melvin would claim that there were 3 mega surprises

Just watch it be a 2nd Jake Bugg set now

Still I think if they don't have other European dates it doesn't make much sense. It all costs money and they could probably do with a weekend's rest having been on tour since May.

Some festival rumours Twitter page that reckons it's FOB also says Jamie T is playing a secret set.

Actually could see Jamie T having a secret somewhere actually

Jamie T's a good shout.

Weezer - I suggested it ages ago but everyone will says no chance on here, but they've got a gap in there touring the week of Reading. They don't have another show back in the US till August 31st so maybe possible especially with a new album being released.

What you have there is one mild surprise that some people care about and two other shit ones that no one cares about. Not even Melvin would claim that there were 3 mega surprises

Just watch it be a 2nd Jake Bugg set now

A second set from a guy who's stated "he hates festivals" other than Glasto. I fucking hope not. Edited by seanz25

I keep hearing Muse and with it being the 20th and it being R&L and the whole callback to roots in the new album AND the setlist changes I could genuinely see it happening NME on Sunday

And I don't reckon it's too much of a leap of faith to suggest they may have been approached this year. EDIT; this is wrong ignore this bit

Edited by Yellow_Fellow