Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blur Foo Fighters Editors Pearl Jam

snapback.png

Both would be cracking, I think Godlike's is more realistic however. I can't see Blur being around next year and I also don't think they could get rammstein, pearl jam, coldplay and foo fighters. That'd be a bit much. Lose one of those 4 and I think you've got a goer.

At the moment I'm thinking

Foo Fighters - Editors - Rammstein - Pearl Jam

Rammstein seems unlikely, since Lindemann's solo project is apparently going on tour this Autumn (aka no new Rammstein album).

My guess:

Foo Fighters

Editors/The National (coheadliners)

Queens of the Stone Age

Pearl Jam or RHCP

Okay I didn't know that. I just went on the fact someone in the know on here, can't remember who now said that sonisphere were trying to get Green Day and Rammstein to headline which is the same weekend. How true that is I don't know. If Foo Fighters are there I'll probably be there again. 

Foo Fighters - Editors - Pearl Jam I'd be happy with anyway. Maybe we'll get Green Day but I can't see them bringing an album out so unsure at the minute, we'll see what happens between now and December regarding albums announced. 

Well I don't know how correct my info is either, but this diehard Rammstein girl in my Facebook friends posted something about 'Autumn tour dates - TBD' on the Lindemann marketing plan (which supposedly got leaked). 

To be fait, I'm just hoping for a bit of 'new' stuff. Regardless of their quality/performance, I'm kinda fed up with the repeat headliners. Rammstein and Green Day would be the 3rd time headlining since 2010, PJ and Editors the 4th time. Not a huge Foos fan, but at least they'd bring something new, same for QOTSA and RHCP (who don't drop by that often either). 

Well I don't know how correct my info is either, but this diehard Rammstein girl in my Facebook friends posted something about 'Autumn tour dates - TBD' on the Lindemann marketing plan (which supposedly got leaked). 

To be fait, I'm just hoping for a bit of 'new' stuff. Regardless of their quality/performance, I'm kinda fed up with the repeat headliners. Rammstein and Green Day would be the 3rd time headlining since 2010, PJ and Editors the 4th time. Not a huge Foos fan, but at least they'd bring something new, same for QOTSA and RHCP (who don't drop by that often either). 

I'd say you're probably right because I think it's a bit too soon for them to be back anyway, especially with no news on an album. For me I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam, Green Day and Foo Fighters so I'd love any of those. PJ are quite hard to come by in the UK so I'd be happy for them to play again but if I had be going for years like yourself I'd probably be saying what you are regarding something new. And Editors are fairly easy to come by in the UK, especially with a new album out, I would be interested to say how well they did headlining a day, would be interesting rather than seeing them mid afternoon like they are in the UK.

Not a fan of RHCP live so hopefully not. Would love QOTSA but no idea what they've got planned or if they're even writing an album at the moment. Maybe some surprises, well you'd hope so as festival season isn't finished this year yet! Jack White would be nice but think he's doing a Dead Weather album/tour next year and I don't know their stuff. 

Guys, do you know why The Strokes have never appeared in RW? Aren't they big enough in Belgium?

They seem to have a thing against Belgium, only having played here once in their career (back in 2002-2003). But they also aren't as popular here as in other countries (albums never scored high in the charts, rarely any airplay, ...). So to Werchter standards they'd be a late afternoon act, Barn headliner or sub to a big headliner at best, which doesn't rhyme with 'egos doing it for the money'.

My guess:

Foo Fighters

Editors/The National (coheadliners)

Queens of the Stone Age

Pearl Jam or RHCP

I'll take that! especially with PJ :)

As for the repeated headliners, you always said that RW bring the best of what's around, regardless of repetitions so I dont think this is about to change. I guess none of us want to see Pukklepop-kind set of headliners, though 2 of them are "new".

And if we're already speaking of top of the bill acts, I would like to have more bands to close the Main-stage like in 2013, than DJ's/ dance acts. Or at least they should give an alternative at the Klub-c/Barn. Im old!   

Edited by e2p2

Would love to see something like this but let's me honest, I'm probably miles off the mark:

Thurs: Foos

Fri: Editors / 2manydjs

Sat: Biffy Clyro / Skrillex 

Sun: Coldplay

I'm just looking forward to it being the weekend after Glasto in '16 so we don't have to go through the grief of writing bands off because of their Glasto confirmation.

Sadly, all they need is Glastonburys' headline slot and BAM! They're at least sub. See: Kasabian

Luckily that reasoning won't count for Biffy Clyro. They get zero airplay here (Kasabian loads) and have yet to sell out arena shows (which Kasabian has done before). Still can't see them being more than a late afternoon Main Stage act. 

I would like to have Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam as headliners, and I think that Editors (and Gorillaz as coheadliners) and Coldplay (I would prefer SOAD or RHCP) could be the two others.

I hope we will get also :

Frank Turner -almost-

The Gaslight Anthem

Future Islands

Gogol Bordello

Airbourne

The National

Ben Howard (and not Sam Smith)

George Ezra

Parov Stelar

Gary Clark Jr

If any band of this year comes back next year, I would love to hear again The Cat Empire and The War On Drugs.

Others :

Concerning the electronic acts, it would be cool to get Deadmau5 and Chase & Status (or Rebel Sound) cause they are never disappointing at Werchter.

Concerning hard rock/metal acts , I'd love to hear the new Disturbed stuff

Folk acts : After Damien Rice this year, it's high time to convince Glen Hansard to come !

Belgian/Dutch acts : Kensington and Triggerfinger ?

Rap Acts : Kendrick Lamar ? Or a surprising coheadliner : Eminem

Edited by Tremousse

Luckily that reasoning won't count for Biffy Clyro. They get zero airplay here (Kasabian loads) and have yet to sell out arena shows (which Kasabian has done before). Still can't see them being more than a late afternoon Main Stage act. 

Stubru always can help with that but I hope you're right. I remember when I was looking at previous lineups and you can see the pattern but of course I know nothing about airplay in Belgium, I'm just visiting Ultratop site here and there..

Ben Howard (and not Sam Smith)

Folk acts : After Damien Rice this year, it's high time to convince Glen Hansard to come !

I get a horrible feeling that RW may book Sam for next year after his health forced cancellation (I really hope not).

Yes to Glen Hansard!! & maybe someone like The Lumineers in The Barn.

Can we have another double dose of Royal Blood as well please?! :P