guypjfreak

Luckily, I've done some investigative work this morning and have discovered a terrific app called 'Auto Refresh' which will refresh a webpage automatically as often as you like, and - crucially - will instantly monitor each refresh and stop refreshing the moment a word of your choice either appears, or disappears. At that point the phone vibrates or an alarm sounds.

It was practically MADE for ticket day and is the perfect thing to have your phone doing in the background while you hammer F5.

My only issue is which word I should have it monitor. At this point I'm settled on 'proceed', which I don't think is on the queue screen but does appear at the bottom of the reg details screen (or at least did last night).

I used something similar to that 2 years ago and it didn't have the 'stop word' functionality, so it got me on the page and then refreshed me out of it before I'd had a chance to get going with the transaction.

Is it just called 'Auto refresh'?

Also, what was the name of that page-shrinker you mentioned a day or so back....?

Is it just called 'Auto refresh'?

Yes. It costs a couple of quid but it'll refresh constantly without you having to do anything and stop (if you choose the right word to monitor) the moment you hit the booking screen.

Also, what was the name of that page-shrinker you mentioned a day or so back....?

That was 'no squint' which is a free browser add on.

Yes. It costs a couple of quid but it'll refresh constantly without you having to do anything and stop (if you choose the right word to monitor) the moment you hit the booking screen.

That was 'no squint' which is a free browser add on.

Cheers.

As for the best word to stop on. I dunno....'Postcode'?

Or is it 'Post Code'...?

With the coach tickets, it had one more extra page than usual (from what I remember with general ticket sale) with that you have to pick which destination you want your coach from. Without this page on Sunday, surely you'd get through that little bit quicker as there is one less hurdle or am I just over thinking it haha

I've just down loaded the Auto refresh app (great shout thanks)

I just need to figure out how to use the bloody thing!

I have no technical ability!

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping its the best £1.99 i've ever spent!

Be careful! I'm sure they said last year that they were going to block such software from being able to work- not sure if it was a bluff or not, but take that into account before you decide whether to use it!

I just need to figure out how to use the bloody thing!

I followed these steps:

1. Open it and type in "glastonbury.seetickets.com" into the address bar.

2. Go to the settings icon at the bottom.

3. Change 'seconds' to '1' for maximum refresh, and turn off 'random' (off by default).

4. Enable page-monitor and select 'FIND the target'.

5. Think of a target word for it to search for and stop refreshing if it finds**

6. Click 'Done' at the top right, and you're sorted. Now you just need to press 'start' on Sunday morning!

**I don't know what the target word should be. Below is the screenshot of the registration details page. Which words do you think likely to be included on that but not on the lengthy blurb on the queue page? 'Below'? 'Additional'?

Registration_zps08229e87.jpg

Got it. After more testing, I've discovered it also recognises symbols, so I'd say the best 'stop word' is therefore: #4. I can't imagine that appears anywhere on the queue page but definitely appears on the registration page. That's what I'll try, I think.

Kalifire that's great thank you!

My iPhone is there as a back up if all else fails!

I will hopefully owe you the beverage of your choice come June!

Be careful! I'm sure they said last year that they were going to block such software from being able to work- not sure if it was a bluff or not, but take that into account before you decide whether to use it!

How would they know?

If they stop the app from working then that's OK, how would they know I'd used it though to get to the page?

Would they go to the trouble of checking all purchases OR is it possible to flag such purchases made with said APP?

One thing on iPads and iPhones; I've noticed lately that my iPad has a habit of refreshing a Safari page if I move to another app, even if only for a couple of seconds. If I get through on my pad or phone I will not be moving off that screen to copy from another app - too risky! I'll go with old fashioned typing!

On Sunday, I want to buy for me and my mate - I know I need his and my reg numbers and postcodes but do I have to do this when tickets go on sale (presumably slowing the process somewhat)? Or is there a way of putting these details in before 9am and then just refreshing the page at 9am?

Sorry if this is commonly asked, but I've never even tried to buy Glasto tickets before and don't even read this section very often. Total amateur!

How would they know?

If they stop the app from working then that's OK, how would they know I'd used it though to get to the page?

Would they go to the trouble of checking all purchases OR is it possible to flag such purchases made with said APP?

I'm not sure- I'm not even remotely tech-savy! So I'm not sure if they were bluffing or not- can anyone remember from last year? Did anyone get through using it?