guypjfreak

The price of everything goes up year in year out. At £200 a £10 increase is what 5% for the sake of some rough maths, not a shocking amount really.

£500 on a holiday isn't a shocker really. My sister/parents often ask me why I do festivals rather than other holidays and the shit they go on and I think it's simple - they spend 2/3 times as much doing something slow-paced I can do when I can't stay up raving and bounce back fresh for another day anymore - a day which I can pretty much guarantee will involve tears of joy and laughter and incredible experiences year in year out. I wouldn't exchange this year's festivalings for any holiday short of things that would cost me thousands and thousands - and I'd still be wishing I was at the party

• Upvote 1

Everyone who truly wants a ticket, and tries repeatedly throughout all four ticket sales (plus unannounced resales) will go.

This is rubbish that you spout every year. Sure your chances increase if you try all 4 ticket sales, but the computer doesn't actually look in to your soul and deem you worthy or not. Anyone can get unlucky or lucky and some people who really want to go will be disappointed, unfortunately.

What photos do people use for registration?

I used a passport style photo (scanned in) but it got rejected...

That would be a surprise, as shown on the reg page it's pretty much exactly what they want

background colour, fuzzy scan or something? hard to say without seeing it if it ticks all the boxes of what they want on the reg page

Edited by frostypaw

That would be a surprise, as shown on the reg page it's pretty much exactly what they want

background colour, fuzzy scan or something? hard to say without seeing it if it ticks all the boxes of what they want on the reg page

I think it might have been too fuzzy, although it's been fine for my railcard/NUS etc.

Maybe they thought I looked under 13 :P

Not inflation, intentional attempt to encourage folk not to bring cars. I'm under the impression somehow they have to hire a shedload of extra fields for the parking as so many travel by car and often alone, whereas it used to be more carshare and hitchers and train folk.

Trying to wind back the years basically, but I can't see it happening especially with the rush to get in at dawn

Not inflation, intentional attempt to encourage folk not to bring cars. I'm under the impression somehow they have to hire a shedload of extra fields for the parking as so many travel by car and often alone, whereas it used to be more carshare and hitchers and train folk.

Trying to wind back the years basically, but I can't see it happening especially with the rush to get in at dawn

Or a very easy way to increase revenues and possibly holding down ticket prices.

Or a very easy way to increase revenues and possibly holding down ticket prices.

Whilst perfectly possible it's one organisation I am willing to trust first, ask questions later. They've been outstanding every time I have dug away at anything and while noone can be perfect when there have been screwups they've done their best to sort them quickly and fairly, in some cases well past that.

It might be a little misguided but the idea isn't bad, it meant one of our friends bussed there then got a lift back with the 2 of us.

What photos do people use for registration?

I used a passport style photo (scanned in) but it got rejected...

I've just checked and they don't seem to mention a minimum image size and dpi anymore, but it could be that the image dimensions aren't big enough to reproduce a decent picture. Also check that it's in the jpeg format.

A few years back I tried using a picture scanned from one taken for my work ID, but the scanner wasn't set to a decent resolution. It was rejected.

On the subject of car parking fees. If they are using the car park charge to keep down ticket prices, I think that's a good idea. Living in the frozen wastelands of North East England, I come in a car but we're four or five up and so the car charge is still far cheaper than bus or train even considering petrol/diesel. So doubling it to say £50 would make folk think about using the train/bus if they are solo or two up?

On the subject of car parking fees. If they are using the car park charge to keep down ticket prices, I think that's a good idea. Living in the frozen wastelands of North East England, I come in a car but we're four or five up and so the car charge is still far cheaper than bus or train even considering petrol/diesel. So doubling it to say £50 would make folk think about using the train/bus if they are solo or two up?

It would have to be a lot more than that to get me on public transport. We ended up taking two cars between four people (small cars + lots of stuff). Petrol + car park from Preston worked out at about £75 each, only slightly more than the coach. I'm happy to pay quite a bit more for the benefit of being able to take a mountain of stuff and arrive / depart when we want. The only slight advantage I can see in using the coach is not having to drive home when I'm deathly tired.

Think we might hire a bigger car next year if there are four of us travelling together.

Since this is my first year trying to get tickets, as the day comes closer i am starting to get seriously nervous. No idea why.

We will be travelling from Belfast so may as well try for one of those Ticket and Coach packages. Or is there prerequisites to apply for those? Hope not!

Edited by Peter138

Got a coach ticket quite easily last time, but while you can chose the day of travel - Wednesday or Thursday, you can't chose the time which is a bit of a pain!

Ended up having a 7am departure which was difficult to make due to other commitments, so had to get a refund and go in for a resale ticket instead which I was luckily enough to get.

Still think I'll go for a coach ticket again but hope for a later start time this time

Got a coach ticket quite easily last time, but while you can chose the day of travel - Wednesday or Thursday, you can't chose the time which is a bit of a pain!

Ended up having a 7am departure which was difficult to make due to other commitments, so had to get a refund and go in for a resale ticket instead which I was luckily enough to get.

Still think I'll go for a coach ticket again but hope for a later start time this time

Since it will be our first Glasto, i dont think we will care on the departure times. We will be too excited. Since we are coming from Ireland, we were thinking of flying into Bristol or Bath, stay overnight and just getting the coach from there. I assume there are designated coaches and pick up points, so it seems to be our best option. Theres also only 2 of us so hoping that bodes well for us. We have to get something. Need to finally lose the Galsto virginity :D