guypjfreak

For those who went for coach packages last year, was it fairly easy? Just wondering whether the vast majority found it as easy as I remember from general eFests discussion.

Just weighing up the cost of buying See coaches/National Express ticket vs chance of not getting a ticket in the main sale on the Sunday

Edited by GlastoSimon

For those who went for coach packages last year, was it fairly easy? Just wondering whether the vast majority found it as easy as I remember from general eFests discussion.

Just weighing up the cost of buying See coaches/National Express ticket vs chance of not getting a ticket in the main sale on the Sunday

I can only speak from my own experience but getting a coach last year was much easier than any of my previous efforts. I had one booked within 2 minutes. Having said that, I've also read on here that some people didn't get a sniff. Probably just like the general sale, luck of the draw.

Much less single way coach tickets this year - only offered for Bristol or London - that may put a few ticket buyers off - with the price almost double:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140915b.shtml

Are they double the price? I seem to remember it being around the same last year! Correct me if wrong.

I can only speak from my own experience but getting a coach last year was much easier than any of my previous efforts. I had one booked within 2 minutes. Having said that, I've also read on here that some people didn't get a sniff. Probably just like the general sale, luck of the draw.

Yeah, I seem to remember the eFests lot being a lot more successful at getting coach tickets than normal ones. Think I'll probably go for standard ticket + NE again to be honest.

Edited by GlastoSimon

Are they double the price? I seem to remember it being around the same last year! Correct me if wrong.

Yeah, I seem to remember the eFests lot being a lot more successful at getting coach tickets than normal ones. Think I'll probably go for standard ticket + NE again to be honest.

I meant there's no single rather than return option this year (at nearly half the price) - not the p[rice has increased - the price has only increased by £2 maximum and in many cases is still the same.

It was no different to the general ticket sale. Some of our group got tickets, others didn't. Some liked Seetickets, others not so much.

It's a rush because you want that ticket, but it's not to be feared. There's always the re-sale, then the unannounced sales which this forum is brilliant for alerting us to. The worst thing about ticket day is that if you don't get in first time around, October until April are pretty miserable.

I hope everyone here gets lucky :)

I am worried about ticket day this year, My ticket luck has to run out at some point after 5 successful years in a row

This year we had to leave on the Saturday and had some serious news from home - we had the original news on Friday so Friday was a write off day and then the news worstened on Saturday to a state of needing to fly home urgently. I remember trudgng across the site at 6am Sunday to get the first bus back out, (the earliest we could leave) the volunteers were all chirping a cheery good morning, and it was anything but good :-( ... crossing the pyramid and just hoping that this wasn't the last memory I would have of the festival - it was no way to leave . The late night revellers were all heading home to tents and we all just needed to get home....

This year more than ever I need to be successful to clear that memory and start again

In 2013 we took a very good friend with us who had cancer, she was desperate to go, and although she couldn;t stand all day and watch bands etc, we had an awesome time and made some magical memories... which will stay with us all forever. She sadly passed away 2 months later, and this year we sat at the top of the hill on the Tuesday evening and drank to her memory. We all then started the festival determined to party hard for her .... until we had to head home early :-(

Anyone got an ticket god prayers that I can subscribe to please

Edited by Funkyfairy!
  • Upvote 4

For some reason it was really stressful reading the information about the ticket sale. I guess I've convinced myself that I'm going to fail, after two successful years.

I'm running ten on the trot and my mates calling me the ticket fairy... so feeling like my time is up - it just makes the pressure mount even more *squiggle*

I am worried about ticket day this year, My ticket luck has to run out at some point after 5 successful years in a row

Last year we had to leave on the Saturday and had some serious news from home - we had the original news on Friday so Friday was a write off day and then the news worstened on Saturday to a state of needing to fly home urgently. I remember trudgng across the site at 6am Sunday to get the first bus back out, (the earliest we could leave) the volunteers were all chirping a cheery good morning, and it was anything but good :-( ... crossing the pyramid and just hoping that this wasn't the last memory I would have of the festival - it was no way to leave . The late night revellers were all heading home to tents and we all just needed to get home

This year more than ever I need to be successful to clear that memory and start again

The year before we took a very good friend with us who had cancer, she was desperate to go, and although she couldn;t stand all day and watch bands etc, we had an awesome time and made some magical memories. She sadly passed away 2 months later, and this year we sat at the top of the hill on the Tuesday evening and drank to her memory. We all then started the festival determined to party hard for her .... until we had to head home early :-(

Anyone got an ticket god prayers that I can subscribe to please

You deserve to get a ticket for being so kind....

• Upvote 1

I'm 10 consecutive times too, almost all the ticket success greatly helped by working together in teams, fearful of my chances this time as the way it looks there's way fewer of us going (What's wrong with these people!? :unsure: )

Too bloody right.

Got the same fear here. I think my old group has entirely evaporated! Between babies, 'growing up' and dubious life-choices they've all ruled themselves out of the running. Actually I think that might be tautological, the first two are just special cases of the third option.

Currently at level 3 on the tradional T-Day-shit-yourself-ometer. (This goes all the way up to 11)

5 of us are confirmed. (At 4 different houses)

FAO Funkyfairy - If I get lucky I will be happy to keep trying to see if I can get you a ticket. A story like that deserves some help. If there are ticketgods, Karma should get us both there.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

so how many are going to go for bus tickets or are you just a general sale person ??

last year our son and 11 others got bus tix and then also helped get other peoples tix the only thing we found was that ALL the people that got bus tixs were the drivers lol so we had toget people to drive there cars up ...worked out well tho cos it meant that the people how had bus tix didnt HAVE to catch a certain bus back and the people with out bus tixs DID have a lift ..............................................................................it did make sense although writing it just then it looks abit strange lol