Running a massage tent at Glastonbury

Spacey

I am trying to find out about running a massage tent at Glastonbury and can't find any info. Tried the Glastonbury web site and looking on net but nothing. I expect it's too early but just trying to find out some basic info. Like where and when do you apply, what is the criteria, how much etc. if anyone has any info it would be appreciated

• 3 months later...

Thanks yoghurt - I'm on my own for my debut year so it's definitely a possibility :)

I didn't know it was your debut year. I hope you'll have a cracking time.

Just to say - when pitching your tent, make a good note of where it is in relation to several fixed points near to it. The reason for this is that it can be very hard to find your tent again in the dark if not having done so first. If your phone has a gps thingy on it, it might be an idea to set coordinates for your tent position on it.

Oh, and use the Lock Ups to store your cash and valuables at night. :)

Thanks for the advice - I am uber excited I literally cannot wait for June next year. 4 straight unsuccessful tries, 5th time lucky!!!

You've possibly seen this beforehand, but just in case you haven't, this is well worth a read;

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

Oh, another piece of advice - don't just stick to the main stages. Exploring other areas is essential, in my opinion, if you want to get the best out of the experience.

Oh, another piece of advice - don't just stick to the main stages. Exploring other areas is essential, in my opinion, if you want to get the best out of the experience.

Ditto :) The best 'happenings' are always away from the main stages, in some titchy venue somewhere. Stumbling across something random, unexpected and brilliant is what makes Glastonbury different to other big festivals. You'll still have a good time if you stick to the main stages, but you'll have the BEST time if you get out and explore.

I'd give the Festival Office an email asking for further info in this area;

office@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

I have just bust a rib seeing your new avatar and the implications of your past posts is gold,I know it's new but just imagine a newbies utter bewilderment.

I wish I was that person right now. :D

Edited by Thearg

I have just bust a rib seeing your new avatar and the implications of your past posts is gold,I know it's new but just imagine a newbies utter bewilderment.

I wish I was that person right now. :D

I wouldn't mind knowing that feeling too. That moment of sheer panic when you think you've landed on some S&M site by mistake, must be one of the most exquisite of experiences. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi I tried a few years ago without success. I was advised that you can go on standby to be contacted if someone pulled out at the last minute. This was only for space in a large tent with several therapists working alongside each other. Not sure if you can still do this but its worth thinking about if you can. I also thought about taking my table down and putting it up in a tent next to my van and offering free massage to fellow campers pitched around me but don't think this would be viewed kindly by festival organisers. Either way you'll have a great time, I'm going on my own this year, haven't been for 8 years so I'm very excited, so many new places to explore. I can't wait

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I'm going on my own too but won't be doing massage. Does sound like a bit of a closed shop

You'll be fine on your own, it's by far the friendliest of all the festivals I've been to. One year I spent the whole of Sunday with a spare seat beside me, as one person left another came and sat down, I had a great laugh with lots of lovely people

Looks like I'm going on my own too but won't be doing massage. Does sound like a bit of a closed shop

You'll be fine on your own, it's by far the friendliest of all the festivals I've been to. One year I spent the whole of Sunday with a spare seat beside me, as one person left another came and sat down, I had a great laugh with lots of lovely people

• 5 years later...

Hello!

I've just stumbled upon this post, as I'm doing research for a project at university, just wondering if anything ever came of this? This is something I would be greatly interested in as I'm currently a Sports Therapy student training in massage/rehab (also a festival lover)