Muse

eldest300

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might have been my mate who said about Muse doing Glasto (I can't remember his username on here despite him being my best friend in real life) but he was relaying that information from a mutual friend of ours who did indeed meet Muse

I trust you, so time to tell all my friends that Muse are in talks with headlining next year making sure to stress the "in talks" part so I have something to fall back on in case they don't :P

Don't like them and haven't seen them before but I'd watch them if they headlined. About time I got to see what the fuss over their live shows is about.

The last tour has been shite, hopefully with this "going back to heavy" stance the next tour will be better. There's far too many shit songs in the set at the moment

Either would be good... But I got more the feeling that they wanted to do smaller shows, as they starting saying it after the SBE gig last year. (WHICH WAS FUCKING AWESOME AND WE GOT DEAD STAR DEDICATED TO US)

We didn't get Dead Star dedicated to us... I don't remember it being dedicated.

Their manager is the guy who was with Michael during metallica this year.

No offence, but I'm calling bullshit on this. You have a history of making statements as if you have some sort of inside information when you don't at all.

Either would be good... But I got more the feeling that they wanted to do smaller shows, as they starting saying it after the SBE gig last year. (WHICH WAS FUCKING AWESOME AND WE GOT DEAD STAR DEDICATED TO US)

Nah that was just them saying "We'd love to do some more smaller shows" when being asked about the Absolution aniversary. (Which still haven't fucking happened yet.), they made similar comments after Wembley in 2010 to.

There is no way Muse will be doing the John Peel tent, could you imagine the chaos outside of people trying to get in?!

Nah that was just them saying "We'd love to do some more smaller shows" when being asked about the Absolution aniversary. (Which still haven't fucking happened yet.), they made similar comments after Wembley in 2010 to.

There is no way Muse will be doing the John Peel tent, could you imagine the chaos outside of people trying to get in?!

It was a 20th aniversary not an absolution aniversary that they'd said they'd do. They even did a warm up show and then just decided not to do it the bastards. That tokyo show had the best setlist I've seen by them in years :(

It was a 20th aniversary not an absolution aniversary that they'd said they'd do. They even did a warm up show and then just decided not to do it the bastards. That tokyo show had the best setlist I've seen by them in years :(

Dat setlist was something magical.

No offence, but I'm calling bullshit on this. You have a history of making statements as if you have some sort of inside information when you don't at all.

Tbf, the guy that Eavis was apparently talking to side of stage during Metallica does help organise Muse's touring but he's not the main man that does it so I seriously doubt it was Muse they were talking about tbh.

You've obviously been absent from this forum for a while, as it was already established that Pete Mensch was with Eavis during metallica.

Friend of mine is in the loop and always knows the score with Muse and he's telling me he's hearing that after this album and tour Muse are going to branch off and take an extended break.Could be a long time before we see them again.

Friend of mine is in the loop and always knows the score with Muse and he's telling me he's hearing that after this album and tour Muse are going to branch off and take an extended break.Could be a long time before we see them again.

"this album" meaning The 2nd Law or the new one next year? They say they're having an extended break thing at the end of every album cycle and they tend to be back playing about 12-18 months after their last gig (their last gig of this album cycle was April)

"this album" meaning The 2nd Law or the new one next year? They say they're having an extended break thing at the end of every album cycle and they tend to be back playing about 12-18 months after their last gig (their last gig of this album cycle was April)

every big band seems to do this these days. i swear Foo Fighters have taken some kind of hiatus after every album tour only to announce they're working on a new album less than a year later

Edited by FloorFiller

No after this next album and tour that could be it for a good 5/10 years he was saying.Chris has a big family he's been away from a lot and now Matt has his little one it seems to be true.Apparently the high ups are calling it their farewell tour.

No after this next album and tour that could be it for a good 5/10 years he was saying.Chris has a big family he's been away from a lot and now Matt has his little one it seems to be true.Apparently the high ups are calling it their farewell tour.

everybody else is calling it their 'so long' tour

i don't particularly hate Muse; i just had to

Muse would suit me - but I'd have to wear earplugs - the last time I saw them it was so loud at the front I knackered my ears and I now have tinnitus..... Muse = Dull on CD - Great live.

Could be worse - U2 might have released their new album by then and the 2011 appearance at Glasto wasn't one of their greatest performances - I thought it was dull compaired to zooTV and 360.

Could be worse - U2 might have released their new album by then and the 2011 appearance at Glasto wasn't one of their greatest performances - I thought it was dull compaired to zooTV and 360.

I wouldn't mind u2 but thats coming from a fan although I would prefer muse as I haven't seen them live

Edited by eldest300

i think Muse still have a good(ish) album in them, and this talk of the new'un being 'heavy' is promising. they just need to pack in all the w*nky space rock over-epicness that have filled their last few albums. i know they've always been over the top, but the last two albums just took it to horrible new levels. classic trap of a band getting big and throwing every bit of money at their albums. "hey, we can have an orchestra here, and a choir here, and some expensive instrument here"

I am a huge muse fan, and I admit this feels too soon. They were so good at reading 2011, that I actually haven't felt a desire to desperately see them again.

If they played glasto id watch, but if they didn't I wouldn't be disheartened. I must be the only person who loved the resistance, and the 2nd law did nothing for me so maybe that's why I haven't been bothered to see them again.

The 2011 performance was pretty poor, other than Citizen. The Resistance tour was definitely their worst period as a live band. I saw them 4 times touring The 2nd Law and (whilst I think it's a rubbish album) they were incredible every time. Setlists have also been more interesting of late, and a heavy new album would be great.

They'd be one of my first choices to headline.