Latitude 2015

Guest MattDavies__

2014's event has only just been & gone, but I fancy losing my Latitude virginity next year so I'll get the ball rolling nice and early on this one :P

Melvin seems keen to bring back a previous headliner for the first time (and add a new stage) as part of the 10th anniversary http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/what-s-on/music/latitude_supremo_melvin_benn_has_revealed_exciting_plans_for_the_10th_birthday_of_the_festival_next_year_1_3692343. I see Belle & Sebastian have been confirmed for ATP Iceland next year already so guess they would be frontrunners for that one, but there a bunch of other good options looking at past lineups. Would love to see Nick Cave, Sigur Ros, Bon Iver or Vampire Weekend.

Any other wishes headliners or otherwise?

Well Bjork will be back touring next year(probably).

Bjork

Belle and Sebastian

Nick Cave

Would be perfect headliners.

That would be fantastic.

I think there will be a more 'mainstream' headliner though. We know Melvin likes to bump up headliners at his fests, and use Latitude as a stepping stone for bands that could play high slots at R&L. Seems to be a lot of people who reckon it'll be Alt-J's turn next year, but I don't think they'll quite be big enough - more likely to sub someone like Disclosure IMO. Otherwise could be The Maccabees or The Vaccines who get the chance.

I'd love to see Beirut or Beck headline, and decent slots of Wild Beasts and Daughter.

That would be fantastic.

I think there will be a more 'mainstream' headliner though. We know Melvin likes to bump up headliners at his fests, and use Latitude as a stepping stone for bands that could play high slots at R&L.

Florence, perhaps not quite big enough to headline r&l.

I'm very surprised bjork hasn't headlined latitude yet, seems to be a perfect festival for her.

Florence will be big enough to headline just about anywhere worldwide next summer. Plus, she headlined on album one.

I think it'll continue increasing in mainstream-friendliness so I don't know if Belle and Sebastian or Beirut are likely to get headliner slots now. I'll say Alt-J, Emeli Sande and Morrissey.

Morrissey aint headlining, seeing as they had a Radio 6 headliner pull out last year and an Obelisk headliner pull out this year, they're not taking any more chances, it's not like he can postpone this one.

I don't think Alt-J will be big enough yet, Radio 6 is more likely for them, I'd say Vaccines and Disclosure are ripe for the picking as a headliner for the kids, Portishead or Bjork would be well worth FR's money, Patti Smith, Nick Cave and Belle & Sebastian are tantilising prospects for the returning headliner, although Florence is worryingly likely. The Cribs and Weezer must be in the running for sub slots, both could arguably headline. British Sea Power headlining 6 Music must happen, this is the time, if Melvin has forgiven them, then Modest Mouse can fill another day. The Knife could be an entertaining wildcard for one night on 6 Music.

Alt-J headlined 6music last year, and Florence headlined Obelisk four years ago. Neither of those are gonna happen again, they are acts on the rise. Alt-J are bigger than Disclosure anyhow.

If they have a returning headliner then I do hope it's Nick Cave way above all.

I didn't consider that with Morrissey but if he's okay at the time then we can hope. Him, Björk and Portishead are annual predictions so one of them has to come through at some point.

Something I just remembered remarking at the time, but has only just come back to me; so very very few phone photographers in crowds. The festival really had a vibe of people just dancing and having a good time, just good crowd mentalities. I love Latitude.