Benicassim 2015 July 16th - 17th - 18th & 19th

aixa

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post a quick note about the guy who was supposed to be sorting out our accommodation this year at Benicassim, but turned out to be a complete cowboy and con-artist and has run off with our deposit despite not actually arranging our accommodation.

His name is: Francisco Javier Cerrejon Gallego

His (rubbish) website is: http://www.benicassim-alquiler.com/

He has various emails that I have found: reservas@benicassim-alquiler.com , franksanchez46@gmail.com , javicerrejon@hotmail.com

Hopefully by posting this information it will appear in search engines and people can be warned off using his services in the future.

Perhaps we were naive, but we did everything by the book, had a contract in place and I have a copy of his passport. Unfortunately he promised us apartments that weren't his to let, two weeks before the festival he sent us the final confirmation and had slyly changed the address to a place much further from the site. We flagged this and came to a compromise, but when we arrived on Thursday we were told he couldn't actually deliver on this either and we were looking at having nowhere to stay at all.

Fortunately some helpful estate agents sorted us out and warned us that Javier has a bad reputation in Benicassim and should be avoided at all costs. He still has our original deposit and is refusing to return it.

Steer clear!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing Nos Alive! and FIB next year, any thoughts?

Don't go to FIB there are far better options for the same money. Beni is very expensive when you add the traveling costs and you can't be sure if the the bands will be any good. I bought my tickets too soon this year when I thought I will get headliners like in 2009-2013 editions but they no longer have the money for that kind of bands. And the services at fib are just bad you don't even get paper program for free, they tried to charge us like 10-15euros for them and there are no extra activities at the festival site. The organization was pure amateurism and there are so many unfriendly stuff. I didn't like it at all. But the beach and town was great so go there but don't go to the festival. From personal experience I can recommend you Open'er in poland or go to some mayor festival like Rock Wercher, Rock en Seine, Paleo festival or Roskilde or somewhere you can be sure that the organizators can do their work. Fib was in bankruptcy last year and it did no good.

• 4 weeks later...

Before going to Benicassim me and few my mates have been to a few festivals such as IOW, Bestival, Reading and V. Without a doubt it Beni is better than all of them combined. IT IS A MUST DO!! Line up wasn't as good compared to previous years but it was still amazing! Kasabian best live band on the planet, Klaxons started off the weekend perfectly on theThursday! It is defo worth paying the extra cash and staying in hotel orange as it is full of people from the festival and everyone is up for a laugh! We paid for villa camp, time you pay for your extras like tent, blow up bed etc it works out the same as hotel orange ffs if you camp you will get little sleep as you will be getting in about 6 every night and the heat will wake you up at 9/10 every morning. So by sunday night we was watching the courteeners and felt so tired and weak and few of my mates went back early. The water park is class and right next to the festival. The buses around town are good but it's easier to get a taxi as taxis from villa camp to festival where less than 10 euros between 4 of you works out no more than 2.50 euros each.Beer is often sold in litres rather than pints. In the town and at the beach it's cheap like 3 euro a litre (two pints) inside the festival it's 9 euro for a litre of heineken. But you can easily talk round the guys who sale this and we was often paying 5 euro and giving them a cigarette for a litre. The walk from villa camp/town centre is not that bad only takes about 20 mins. Villa camp to train station is about 10 mins. The supermarkets are best place to get food and drink from. It was 4 euro for a litre of vodka and we was spending 5 euro a day on food there and we ate alot! Beach is lovley and so close aswell! Was suprised how small the festival site is. It is really good that it is all on concrete! We would turn up 5 minutes before most bands such as, travis, libertines, jake bugg, paul weller etc and get right near the front! The atompshre is quality everyone is right up for a good time! It is the perfect festival so much better than UK.

My top tips: Stay at hotel orange dont camp, get messy but stay hydrated otherwise that heat will take it out of ya, book early bird tickets the line up never fails to dissapoint!

• 2 weeks later...

when did tickets come on sale last year? and do they do that early bird deal every year or was last year just a one off?

when did tickets come on sale last year? and do they do that early bird deal every year or was last year just a one off?

i bought my ticket on 7th of August last year , i messaged FIB this week and they say earlybird tickets will be on sale "very soon"

Before going to Benicassim me and few my mates have been to a few festivals such as IOW, Bestival, Reading and V. Without a doubt it Beni is better than all of them combined. IT IS A MUST DO!! Line up wasn't as good compared to previous years but it was still amazing! Kasabian best live band on the planet, Klaxons started off the weekend perfectly on theThursday! It is defo worth paying the extra cash and staying in hotel orange as it is full of people from the festival and everyone is up for a laugh! We paid for villa camp, time you pay for your extras like tent, blow up bed etc it works out the same as hotel orange ffs if you camp you will get little sleep as you will be getting in about 6 every night and the heat will wake you up at 9/10 every morning. So by sunday night we was watching the courteeners and felt so tired and weak and few of my mates went back early. The water park is class and right next to the festival. The buses around town are good but it's easier to get a taxi as taxis from villa camp to festival where less than 10 euros between 4 of you works out no more than 2.50 euros each.Beer is often sold in litres rather than pints. In the town and at the beach it's cheap like 3 euro a litre (two pints) inside the festival it's 9 euro for a litre of heineken. But you can easily talk round the guys who sale this and we was often paying 5 euro and giving them a cigarette for a litre. The walk from villa camp/town centre is not that bad only takes about 20 mins. Villa camp to train station is about 10 mins. The supermarkets are best place to get food and drink from. It was 4 euro for a litre of vodka and we was spending 5 euro a day on food there and we ate alot! Beach is lovley and so close aswell! Was suprised how small the festival site is. It is really good that it is all on concrete! We would turn up 5 minutes before most bands such as, travis, libertines, jake bugg, paul weller etc and get right near the front! The atompshre is quality everyone is right up for a good time! It is the perfect festival so much better than UK.

My top tips: Stay at hotel orange dont camp, get messy but stay hydrated otherwise that heat will take it out of ya, book early bird tickets the line up never fails to dissapoint!

well said that man , spot on

• 3 weeks later...

Who do ya want to be at beni next year? Would have all these acts across the weekends (wouldnt put all of them on main stage)

Stereophonics Noel Gallagher Black Keys Kings Of Leon

Jamie T The Specials Bombay Bycle Club Kaiser Chiefs

Miles Kane Ocean Colour Scene Haim Franz Ferdinand

Catfish & Bottlemen The Hives Royal Blood Blondie

George Ezra Kooks London Grammar The Enemy

Circa Waves The Rifles The Cribs Eliza Doolittle

The Struts Temples Peace The Twang

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if benicassims definitely happening next year? the recent lack of facebook/twitter activity is worrying me

t

To be honest for the first time I'm starting to doubt it's going to happen , flights are up , apartments available but nothing from the FIB ,

Need to get it booked soon or I'm off elsewhere

t

To be honest for the first time I'm starting to doubt it's going to happen , flights are up , apartments available but nothing from the FIB ,

Need to get it booked soon or I'm off elsewhere

I seen that benicassim are meant to be making an announcement soon so fingerscrossed as it is an awesome festival!!!!

so benicassim 2015 is definitely happening by the looks of it, phew haha. I want to get rumours started again or at least talk about who we'd like to see there! muse and strokes are already ruled out with primavera and bbk taking them, anyone think foos are a possibility or is it too much to ask for because they're back in the US on the 4th after being in europe before hand and are they likely to come back to play more EU festivals?

I think it'll be Noel G, Black Keys, Mumford and Sons and KoL or maybe just a couple of them with some weaker headliners like paolo and tinie tempah last year