2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

I think the only way that set of headliners could work is if they really deliver a strong undercard with subs big enough on the Crue and KISS days that they're a draw on their own

Mötley Crüe // Judas Priest // Steel Panther

KISS // Marilyn Manson // Motörhead

Muse // Faith No More // Incubus

They might JUST about get away with that

Hmm. Marilyn Manson aren't one of those acts that are a draw on their own - as proven by Alt-Fest and Sonisphere 2012 when they were fourth down on the bill. I agree otherwise - Weezer or Pumpkins subbing Muse would probably do alright as well.

Edited by dentalplan

Friday

Apollo Stage: Skrillex // The Specials // Placebo // Alkaline Trio // Cancer Bats

Saturday

Apollo Stage: Jack White // Weezer // Brand New // Gerard Way // Manchester Orchestra
Saturn Stage: Manic Street Preachers (The Holy Bible in Full) // Public Service Broadcasting

Sunday

Apollo Stage: Muse // Faith No More // Incubus // Gogol Bordello // The Joy Formidable
Saturn Stage: Knife Party // Death from Above 1979

Friday

Apollo Stage: Skrillex // The Specials // Placebo // Alkaline Trio // Cancer Bats

Saturday

Apollo Stage: Jack White // Weezer // Brand New // Gerard Way // Manchester Orchestra

Saturn Stage: Manic Street Preachers (The Holy Bible in Full) // Public Service Broadcasting

Sunday

Apollo Stage: Muse // Faith No More // Incubus // Gogol Bordello // The Joy Formidable

Did I miss the bit where Sonisphere became V festival? Man that would flop.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Probably not

How come you think it would fail? Skrillex and Jack White are on the small side headliner wise but they're a damn sight better than KISS and Crue and a lot more compatible with Muse

Wouldn't be that popular amongst the Soni audience, Skrillex and Knife Party wouldn't be right for the festival and I'm not too sure if Jack White would be either. Even Muse would receive some backlash really.

To go from Iron Maiden, Metallica and The Prodigy to Skrillex, Jack White and Muse on the main and Slayer and Dreamtheater to Manic Street Preachers and Knife Party on the 2nd doesn't seem right

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

I think that's the point justanothername, that the festival diversifies to stop competing directly for the Download audience and appeal to a broader rock crowd. That being said, I think Skrillex and Knife Party would be a misstep in that sense. They appear at R+L and Glastonbury and stuff that has many more dance acts and stuff across the lineup whereas that lineup topped by a dance headliner wouldn't work.

I think that's the point justanothername, that the festival diversifies to stop competing directly for the Download audience and appeal to a broader rock crowd. That being said, I think Skrillex and Knife Party would be a misstep in that sense. They appear at R+L and Glastonbury and stuff that has many more dance acts and stuff across the lineup whereas that lineup topped by a dance headliner wouldn't work.

I kinda of got that but it seemed quite a rapid change and I don't Soni are going to rush into diversifying the festival in an instant. But if the headliners were any of Muse, Jack White, Queens Of The Stone Age, System Of A Down, Slipknot, Biffy I'd think that do really well. Would stop me going to Leeds if they pulled off line ups like that every year

I actually would really like it if Soni diversified a bit and included more general rock acts.

Throw in some headliners like Muse, Foos, RHCP, etc.

Lower down acts like Pixies, Jack White, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, The Joy Formidable, Manic Street Preachers, Public Enemy, etc.

Obviously they book some of these acts already but yeah.

Would be wack.

Soni was just fine this year actually. No need to change too much. When it has failed it has failed because of a shite choice of headliners. There are too many more mainstream festivals, going that way will almost guarantee failure IMNSHO.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Black Label Society

Journey

Eagles Of Death Metal

KISS

Soundgarden

The Darkness

Gogol Bordello

Volbeat

Soulfly

Rise To Remain

Muse

Faith No More

Incubus

Killswitch Engage

Skindred

Crossfaith

Kvelertak

Not sure if that Apollo Stage would be much kop really, but it's the best I could think of without using any acts from my R&L and Download predictions :lol:

Then have something like The Offspring and Megadeth headlining the Saturn Stage.