2015 Wishlist

teamdobby

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is dead but I have no idea why they wouldnt do Sonisphere this year. Plenty of bands touring that havent been snapped up elsewhere. 

For example something like:

Rammstein, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pendulum as a top six. Then Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson to headline second.

I know I'm dreaming but seems a bit of a lost oppurtunity.

2 hours ago, SOAD said:

I know this thread is dead but I have no idea why they wouldnt do Sonisphere this year. Plenty of bands touring that havent been snapped up elsewhere. 

Rammstein, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pendulum as a top six. Then Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson to headline second.

thing is, those are next year's bands for Download. :P

The simple answer seems to be that there's either (take your pick) too few bands to keep two 'heavy' festivals fresh and appealing, or there's too few festival goers with likes in those directions to keep two festivals full each and every year.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thing is, those are next year's bands for Download. :P

The simple answer seems to be that there's either (take your pick) too few bands to keep two 'heavy' festivals fresh and appealing, or there's too few festival goers with likes in those directions to keep two festivals full each and every year.

Thats fair. They both seemed to do well in 09 and 10 but after that the years that Soni ran then Download didnt seem to do too well and the years Download did well then Soni didnt even bother running. Its a shame as it was a great fest. 

Edited by SOAD

5 hours ago, SOAD said:

I don't think the house is in order to facilitate a relaunch. Soni isn't even going on in a small way on the continent this year, DEAG have binned off a few festivals they've launched recently and Stone Free seems to just be a Richie Blackmore gig.

Obviously things might change in 2018 when Metallica are touring. :P

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think the house is in order to facilitate a relaunch. Soni isn't even going on in a small way on the continent this year, DEAG have binned off a few festivals they've launched recently and Stone Free seems to just be a Richie Blackmore gig.

Obviously things might change in 2018 when Metallica are touring. :P

Ah yes Metallica the saviours of the festival. I love the band but it was a tad ridiculous to have them headline 3/4 fests. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, dentalplan said:

Stone Free seems to just be a Richie Blackmore gig.

Wash your mouth out! The mighty Blue Oyster Cult are headlining a stage. Ok, I suspect it's small and finishes way before Rainbow but BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!!!!11111OMGWTFLOL1111!"!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...