Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

I just really dislike Kaynye West.

That's fair enough, mate. Don't worry about it. You posted out of impulse because you were upset you didn't get a headliner you'd have preferred more. That's understandable and at least you've had the good grace and maturity to accept you made a comment in bad taste.

I hope you have a great time elsewhere at the festival :)

Edited by kalifire

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello be to all.

It has been almost a year since I was on here and I have come back ready and raring to go for more.

Sadly, as of yet I am ticketless this year! We all applied for Oxfam stewarding and I applied alone to another company and haven't heard anything so it looks like resale again for us. I might even do it alone this year if the GF and her dad are being as difficult as they were last year.

So: on topic: Kanye could go one way or the other. I would love to see him and I normally hate hiphop music. If he sticks to the music, doesn't rant about everything and acknowledges the crowd/ethos it will be brilliant.

Part of me thinks that he is only doing it as it is shown on the Beeb and he wants a national TV audience to listen to his rants...... either that or he wants Kim Kardashian's tits to be shown on TV one or the other.

Kanye is hard to read. Sometimes I wonder if he even takes himself seriously.

On another sour note, I see Mike99 has come back since I left. How spiffing.

also, i'm currently dreading who they have in line to headline Other / the rest of the stages. PLEASE be some mediocre landfill indie act and not somebody incredible a-la Portishead

I'm going to be gutted if its the Chems on the Saturday, or even worse, if it's Bjork - i'll be fudged!

I'd of thought it will be the Chemical Brothers on Saturday night. They played the Other Stage Saturday night in 2011. That's where I'll be if it is the case.

Edited by spursfan77

That's fair enough, mate. Don't worry about it. You posted out of impulse because you were upset you didn't get a headliner you'd have preferred more. That's understandable and at least you've had the good grace and maturity to accept you made a comment in bad taste.

I hope you have a great time elsewhere at the festival :)

probably in the kidz field!

Those saying him being a twat is no different to any other headliner being a twat; how do those performers incorporate being a twat into their set?

He's got so many fans really that are going to lap up whatever he does and go there expecting some buffoonery, and that's fair enough, but at Glastonbury that's going to be dwarfed by the amount of people going along to see a headliner they enjoy the music of perform a headline set. And we can say with a degree of certainty he wouldn't omit a huge rant or some stunt to grab column inches at a massive broadcast live performance as we know what he gets up to on live TV at any opportunity. He'd probably put on an amazing show without any fucking about but that's not gonna happen and from what I hear about his shows, there are going to be a lot of people unprepared and unwilling to tolerate a ten minute rant ready to pan the performance and move on. So as great a performance it could well be, I can't be arsed with the festival becoming his soapbox so I'm not for it.

Heck. What a knob.