Would Kanye at Glastonbury work?

mattgimmeshelter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of whatever anybody thinks, if he's up for doing it then it'll definitely happen in the next few years. he's one of the few remaining acts who could do it who hasn't yet done it (and the fact that he's different from your general men with guitars means he'd be a much more interesting proposition than most)

said at the end of his Wireless set that he's heading to the studio to continue work on his new album so a 2015 / 2016 headline set from him is rather likely i'd have thought. as somebody said earlier, he definitely has more recognisable songs than Jay Z (in fact i'd argue that the bulk of Jay Z's recognisable songs / hits in the UK came after his headline slot) so unless he's got some aversion to doing it, why not?

And Kayne produced/wrote/featured on a large bulk of Jay Z's recognisable songs in the UK.

He's not missing out any rarities to do it though. He played exactly the same set as the previous nights except he added playing a fan favourite song 2 more times.

Wake up isn't really comparable as it isnt a high energy song, id enjoy it if they did wake up 3 times with no consequences on the rest of the set however something like metallica doing enter sandman 3 times makes more sense as itd send the crowd wild

No his not missed out anything but if his got time for repeats, would you not rather him drop a song he rarely does live?

And yes it is comparable, or maybe doing month of may/joan of arc 3 times :P (I chose Arcade Fire as floorfiller is a fan :P) , and who the fudge would want enter sandman 3 times in the same set?! What a waste!

I blame the spotify generation :P I just don't get it!

Anyway this point is getting a bit off topic.

Edited by LondonTom

It's the risk he could kill an entire set by ranting

I could see it being one of the greatest glastonbury shows ever, or the absolute worst.

the rant wouldn't kill it entirely - it'd just have a lot of the crowd leaving. those who chose to stay would have another half of a fantastic set coming. and i guess if you were smart you could use the rant time as a tactical piss and a pint break

i loved seeing Kanye live, but the Wireless crowd was absolutely shite. half of the time it felt like i was the only one there who was a genuine fan and not just there in the hopes of hearing Gold Digger, which is why i'd absolutely love him to headline Glastonbury, as i'd love to see him whilst in the middle of a crowd who are hugely up for it

the rant wouldn't kill it entirely - it'd just have a lot of the crowd leaving. those who chose to stay would have another half of a fantastic set coming. and i guess if you were smart you could use the rant time as a tactical piss and a pint break

i loved seeing Kanye live, but the Wireless crowd was absolutely shite. half of the time it felt like i was the only one there who was a genuine fan and not just there in the hopes of hearing Gold Digger, which is why i'd absolutely love him to headline Glastonbury, as i'd love to see him whilst in the middle of a crowd who are hugely up for it

I thought the crowd looked great in the middle, everyone jumping and going mad etc

However where I was 4 rows back just on the left it was quite stationary, I was getting some weird looks for jumping for Blood on the Leaves even though Kanye was trying to encourage everyone to do that...

I thought the crowd looked great in the middle, everyone jumping and going mad etc

However where I was 4 rows back just on the left it was quite stationary, I was getting some weird looks for jumping for Blood on the Leaves even though Kanye was trying to encourage everyone to do that...

we must've been really close as i was about there in the crowd as well, and agree about the jumping etc - i went nuts every time it dropped and people around me just looked pissed off. was great when the pit opened at the end and i jumped in as it was the first time people other than me actually seemed to be going nuts for it

• 5 weeks later...

Its endless buffoonery from this bellend

brilliant :lol: ..... him having to 'suffer' the consequences of fame - riches beyond the wildest dreams of most people and an easy life - is the equivalent of being spat at in the street, denied housiung, denied jobs, denied a vote, an all sort of other *PROPERLY* bad things.

Awwww, poor little mindless idiot. I feel sorry for him .... for only having the one brain cell.

He rarely plays it anymore because he hates it, but it's his biggest hit in the UK. He knows that he should play it, because that's what everyone there and everyone watching at home will want to see.

He didn't play it at any of those wireless shows like and that was a festival headline performance so I don't think he'd play it at glastonbury either

I can't believe the Kanye hate on here... Honestly, I love his rants! And I'd genuinely love to see one on the Pyramid Stage... In fact, I'd be more than happy if he came out, played Black Skinhead, Amazing and I Am A God, and then done a rant for an hour and a half haha.

I know he's got a little bit of an ego problem, but he's not stupid. I think he'd be aware of the importance of Glastonbury, especially seeing as his (ex)best mate headlined it himself. If he DID headline, I don't think he'd do a rant. If he did rant, I think it'd be minimal...

I reckon it could potentially be one of the greatest headline sets ever, should it happen. (But, as has been said before, it could be the worst)... If he bought a setup like the Yeezus US Arena tour, it'd be insane... And even more insane if him and Jay Z made up, so they could do a little on stage collab.

A setlist like:

On Sight

Black Skinhead

Power

Mercy

Clique

New Slaves

I Am A God

Jesus Walks

Touch The Sky

The New Workout Plan

We Don't Care

Love Lockdown

Hold My Liquor

I'm In It

Dark Fantasy

Diamonds From Sierra Leone

----------------------

No Church In The Wild

H-A-M

Niggas In Paris (encore version)

----------------------

Send It Up

All Day

Stronger

-------------------------------

Blood On The Leaves

Bound 2

Gold Digger

I agree- I look on Kanye West as a modern day Martin Luther King Jr, bravely speaking out about the plight of poor celebrities and the horrific injustices and tragic suffering that they have to endure on a daily basis. I hope he leads his people to better days.