Other Stage Headliners 2015

Gucci Piggy

If the new album actually makes it out for next summer, I can see them doing Glastonbury and I'd guess most likely other stage headliner. They would make great other headliners against something like Led Zeppelin when you need to control the Pyramid crowd :P

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the new album actually makes it out for next summer, I can see them doing Glastonbury and I'd guess most likely other stage headliner. They would make great other headliners against something like Led Zeppelin when you need to control the Pyramid crowd :P

Tool or The Libertines? If Tool were opposite Led Zeppelin I think my brain would actually explode. I'm assuming you meant The Libertines, though, as Tool opposite Led Zeppelin would be an odd (heartbreaking) clash. Obviously I'd see Led Zeppelin, though.

Tool or The Libertines? If Tool were opposite Led Zeppelin I think my brain would actually explode. I'm assuming you meant The Libertines, though, as Tool opposite Led Zeppelin would be an odd (heartbreaking) clash. Obviously I'd see Led Zeppelin, though.

Ha yes the Libertines, should have quoted or said, but the Tool post wasn't there when I replied!

Tool would be an awesome Other Stage headliner mind!

Anyone Reckon hot chip will be able to step up if they have an album out? (No idea whether they will have an album out)

They definitely could/should do! They're so much better live than on record too, it would be a great way to dance away Saturday evening!

I agree that Hot Chip would be good. I just don't think they have the fan Base as last time they were on (subbing to flaming lips on other in 2010) the field was v.empty for them. In comparison Florence on before was packed out.

I agree that Hot Chip would be good. I just don't think they have the fan Base as last time they were on (subbing to flaming lips on other in 2010) the field was v.empty for them. In comparison Florence on before was packed out.

Yeah, as much as I love the Chip, I had plenty of space to dance in front of the mixing desk. I don't think the last album had made them much bigger than when they were touring One Life Stand. That record did make them bigger, they need at another couple of bumps like that before we can talk about them headlining. I don't think they're realistically at Other headliner yet going by that crowd size.

I'd be there though!

Edit: actually I wouldn't, I'm not going back to Glasto for a while. But if I was there, then I'd be there!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Calvin Harris, Enter Shikari (prob sub), Friendly Fires

Edit: Hot Chip would be amazing

No chance for enter shikari being near the top imo. They were early afternoon last time they played. They don't seem very prominent outside of R&L.

Friendly Fires were right on the brink of becoming pretty massive if they went away and came back with a shiny new record but they just vanished and have spent too long in the wilderness now to capitalise on the hype they had.

Are they even still a band? I haven't heard of them in so long I thought they may have just silently dissolved :P

Are they even still a band? I haven't heard of them in so long I thought they may have just silently dissolved :P

They released a single that was erroneously labelled their 'comeback single' this year that was a collaboration with Andrew Weatherall, who's producing their album. It was quite good actually but there wasn't much fanfare for it. Looking into it, they seem to be releasing through their own record label now which might explain why they've fallen down a well.