Prohibited items & Ticket question

Guest DetoxBunny

Hey guys, was just wondering about a few things.

So myself and a mate bought quiet camping tickets for Sonisphere 2014 (at the time of booking I had recurring migraines). Now I'm better and more people are joining, do you reckon I could charm my way into the regular campsite - if so has anyone had experience with this before? I asked seetickets.co.uk who gave me a generic response that didn't answer my question, they said tickets are non-exchangable/refundable but surely using a different campsite isn't contingent on price!

Secondly, I'm bringing a big-arse tent and have stashed a very compact gas stove in there - will it get found? It is literally in a bag inside another bag wrapped in tent... how exactly does the security search bags (I've only ever worked at festivals so never been through a proper checkpoint).

Lastly, the Prodigy are playing on Friday so I'm bringing MDMA on top of a bit of bud. Please don't lecture me on my lifestyle choices and only answer this question if you have a constructive answer - after all it is my choice: Has anyone had experience stashing gear in the boxer shorts? I'm only bringing a personal amount so was gonna cling film the shit out of it and tape to lower boxers!

Sorry for long first post, but would appreciate as much information as possible since the festival is only 6 days away!

Cheers,

DetoxBunny

@devilman

I wasn't planning on using the stove inside my tent! It has a mini threshold, so I was planning on using it discretely. In all seriousness do you have any advice for moving campsite? I'm assuming there are different wristbands in each campsite?

Edited by DetoxBunny

Hello Detox, I hope you understand that you're username is in hilarious juxtaposition with the content of your post. It has amused me greatly.

In regards to your questions, I think you will find that the search through your tent will not be thorough, they are extremely unlikely to open it at all, unless they have reason to suspect that something is afoot, does it weigh anymore than a normal tent?

A better question to ask is maybe "do I -NEED- a gas stove?", to which the answer is no, I mean really a festival is not the time for fondue and there is a reason gas stoves are banned in the first place, because they are dangerous. May I recommend my patented and full proof festival diet plan of pitta, oranges and alcohol. You eat the pitta when you are genuinely hungry, 2 or 3 oranges for breakfast ingesting the glorious vitamin c as a hangover cure and then generously lubricate the entire weekend in alcohol. Nothing more is necessary.

This brings me on to your second request, that of how to smuggle drugs into a festival, I read a fantastic article on just how to do that here: http://yackmagazine.com/2014/06/24/how-to-smuggle-drugs-into-a-festival/

Why waste time smuggling in a gas stove when you could be focused on the more important task. Be sure to leave a comment there if any of the techniques work for you, I'm going to go Newton John on it this year and try the wet t shirt method. See you in the Prodigy rave pit my friend.

Edited by Cuthbert Cunningham

@Cuthbert Cunningham

I'm glad you were amused by my username in the context of my post, your screen name is hilarious all round!

Well the stove will be mainly used to boil water for the good old "post-mandy tea" as well as to heat up canned food. I'm not planning on making a three-course meal with it and as such do think I can get away with using it discretely. Now of course I understand why they are banned which is why I am only brining one canister and will be keeping it in a secure place...

As for the wet t-shirt thing... That article did give me a good chuckle! (Please don't actually do that, you'll waste your money!)

Thanks for your advice in any case, but if you do feel like having a hot cuppa to cure mandy-mouth and aid festival food digestion, call me on 07889160068: you are welcome in my little area! If not, see you in the voodoo pit buddy!

Don't know about sonisphere but at every other festival I have been at quiet/family/RIP/fancy camping wristbands get you in the main camping are too. You generally have to go through it to go to arena or entrance or entertainment.

Yep, Quiet campers can choose to camp in the maincampsite if they wish.

Seeing as Gas stoves are banned, solid fuel burners like the hexiblock ones are allowed though, might be easier to just bring one of those rather than risk having it confiscated?

Edited by kipper64

Cheers for the replies guys!

@Kipper64 agreed, but in my experience the hexi stoves take 10 mins and 3 tabs to boil water!

Ain't nobody got time for that. Not the end of the world if I get it confiscated, original owner gave it to me coz they bought a bigger one (this one really is small)

Happy Sonisphere this week y'all!