HELP! Visa Problem ! Might miss Glastonbury

Guest ksalem

Hi guys,

As a tunisian citizen living in Germany I have to get an extra visa to travel to England.

This should take 15 working days. I gave all my papers on the 23rd of Mai and still got no answer.

I'm going to check on Monday if my passport is already there or not but I got to have a plan B (I'm traveling on wednesday).

I booked the refund protection. Does it cover this kind of cases?

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ksalem

I recommend you contact seetickets in regards to this

But this is what's on the website

What we will refund?

We will refund the cost of your booking if you are unable to attend a booked event due to:

• unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of the booked event;
  • the death, accident, or illness happening to you, a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the booked event withyou;
  • the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event;
  • jury service which you were unaware of at the time of the booking;
  • burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event requiring attendance of the emergency services;
  • you being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which you were unaware of at the time of booking;
  • you being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly;
  • adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other Government agency have issued warnings not to travel.

What we will not refund?

We will not provide a refund where:

• an illness or the death of you, a member of your group or a member of your immediate family is caused by surgery, a change of treatment or medication for a pre-existing medical condition;
  • you cannot provide a doctor's report for accident or illness;
  • the symptoms that accompany a normal pregnancy are the sole reason you cannot attend a booked event;
  • you cannot return any unused tickets or vouchers forming part of the booking;
  • you cannot provide evidence of the unused tickets when applying for a refund;
  • the booked event is cancelled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed or relocated;
  • you decide not to attend a booked event other than for a reason included within this Booking Refund Protection;
  • you are prevented from travelling to a booked event due to disruption of the public transport network which is public knowledge prior to the booked event;
  • you can recover any part of the booking;
  • in our reasonable opinion, you did not allow sufficient time to travel to a booked event;
  • you carry out a criminal act which prevents you attending a booked event;
  • you are prevented from travelling to a booked event due to an outbreak of a contagious disease and the Government or any agency acting on behalf of the Government has imposed a ban on travel.
  • you make a false or fraudulent refund application or support a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement.

We will not pay for travelling or associated expenses (unless travel costs are included as part of the total booking price), or any loss other than the purchase price, including booking fee, of the booked event.

We will not pay any consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, terrorism, malicious intent or vandalism, confiscation or nationalisation of or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.

We will not pay any loss caused directly or indirectly by:

• ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
  • the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.

We will not pay any loss caused directly or indirectly by damage or destruction directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.

We will not pay any costs you incur in submitting or providing evidence to support your refund application.

Judgin from that I will say probably not, I think they'll argue that you should've applied for a Visa sooner. Good luck though

Edited by Yesiamaduck

try getting a list of all british embassies from european countries you can gain access to and see what their waiting times are. you'll find some countries will have a much quicker waiting period than others and you might get seen in time and get a quick turnaround for a visa.

also go visit your nearest embassy and explain your situation if you can... they might have ways to help you... better than emailing and hoping for the best.

its worth a try... phone around and explain your situation and hopefully you'll find people with enough empathy to help you out. it's still possible!

good luck

I went today and they told me that my passeport is still not there and I should get an email if its there !! :(

I tried to call See but it was too late I'll try tomorrow again.

Im going to the application office again tomorrow :( (5h30 with the bus) Im already exhausted from today ...

Shit ...

Do you still have your actual passport? If so could you travel anyway? if you arrive at the UK boarder and you have your passport but not your visa could they still grant you entry to the country? Albeit answerong some questions and a stint with a UK boarder agency officer.If so as long as they beleive you are here as a tourist and a reason to return to Germany / Tunisia would they deny you entry?

https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration

I can't being to imagine the anxiaty you must be going through but I think if i was in your shoes I'd run the risk of a date with the glove and the glass toilet given that I'm assuming you have already spent the money.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

I'm not quite sure what the situation is here... You submitted your papers on May 23 but the embassy doesn't have your passport?

Is that a problem with the postal service then, and not with the embassy?

Embassies are notoriously tough, but if you can speak to someone at the Embassy who is British (and not just a local employee) then they may empathise wih you (Glastonbury is a big deal, after all!), and help you out...

Good luck!

We were right at the front for the Arcade Fire show, when I spotted somebody with a Pinkpop Festival hat. Since that's a Dutch Festival I asked the guy if he was Dutch. "No, I'm from Tunesia he responded, but in fact live in Germany". I replied: "you don't happen to be this guy with his visa troubles, are you?"

The look on his face, priceless. "You know my story?"

I guess that's the power of the forum...