Acid_Haze

Listen, Noel is on tour with High Flying Birds from now right through May/June onwards into the Summer.

How on earth would Oasis get time to rehearse and then play enough gigs to get 'match fit' for a headline show at Glastonbury? IT IS NOT HAPPENING

The bookies are making mugs of everyone by even offering it.

Cease this nonsense immediately!

exactly, and why the hell would Noel put his new album and project on hold for that, when he can wait a few years and probably get far more money on a reunion done properly.

there is pretty much zero chance of Oasis playing anywhere this year, let alone headlining Glastonbury.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Marty Mcfly to warp onto stage on the Sunday night and give everyone in the crowd flying cars, while we all join hands and sing 'Power of love'

The only logical explanation, 1971 Michael Eavis is currently working on the contract terms and conditions.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

Here's something relevant....

I still keep hearing bits and pieces that say "it's not Blur".

I have issues with accepting it as true tho, just because they seem the most likely to the names that go around.

until somebody comes along and says 'it's not Blur... but it IS -insert name-' then i'll be sticking with you in thinking that it probably is them because they seem so obviously likely

I have issues with accepting it as true tho, just because they seem the most likely to the names that go around.

Have you heard any pieces of who it may be Neil? Or more just information of who it isn't

If it isn't Blur there will be a lot of people scratching their heads here

Dave has given an interview to a fansite following the release of Magic Whip and said they aren't headlining.....

'The final headliner for Glastonbury now won’t be announced until June. Can you shed any light on whether it will be Blur or not? It’s not us. They book the headliners before Christmas, and we didn’t announce our album until February.'

Dave has given an interview to a fansite following the release of Magic Whip and said they aren't headlining.....

'The final headliner for Glastonbury now won’t be announced until June. Can you shed any light on whether it will be Blur or not? It’s not us. They book the headliners before Christmas, and we didn’t announce our album until February.'

seems to rule them out! but that is an odd quote why mention when their album came out and stuff??

ah now this is interesting - i don't think this has been picked up on yet has it? what's the timeline on this statement? after all the 'somebody cancelled so they got somebody last minute' stuff right?

seems to rule them out! but that is an odd quote why mention when their album came out and stuff??

the album was a highly guarded secret till announced in Feb, even their families didn't know anything about it, so I guess the point is they wouldn't have been able to book any shows without letting the cat out of the bag as they said they wouldn't do any more without new material.

ah now this is interesting - i don't think this has been picked up on yet has it? what's the timeline on this statement? after all the 'somebody cancelled so they got somebody last minute' stuff right?

Come on, you can't post a quote like that without giving a source for it.

I’m going to ask the guys on the site first before linking…..but the interview was done in the last few days I believe

I’m going to ask the guys on the site first before linking…..but the interview was done in the last few days I believe

if true then i'd say that definitely rules them out - no room for interpretation in that 'it's not us' really is there? now just back to who the fuck it actually is after about a month of being fairly settled on Blur headlining...

It's interesting that in both "quotes" Rowntree has ruled out headlining but not ruled out playing...

think you're reading too much in to that one - he got asked if they were headlining, he said no. does he have to say 'we're not headlining, playing, performing...' etc before people are confident they won't be there?

It's interesting that in both "quotes" Rowntree has ruled out headlining but not ruled out playing...

Who knows, a 'secret' set is always possible.

But anyway, that was a question specifically about headlining, so that's what he gave an answer for.

Meanwhile, if there were headlining, what's he going to say? He's either got to give it away or lie.

I haven't heard anything new to suggest any particular act being in the frame.

Interesting, they've done a bloody good job in keeping it hush who the headliners are this year

Personally, I don't think it is Blur, and I refuse to lean towards it being Fleetwood Mac, so I am completely in the dark

think you're reading too much in to that one - he got asked if they were headlining, he said no. does he have to say 'we're not headlining, playing, performing...' etc before people are confident they won't be there?

Think as the June thing was mentioned it shows it is a very recent quote. This is 3 times Dave has said they are not playing glastonbury.