• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Oh I never said that. I said that Blur isn't a particularly 'big' band (wordlwide).

Blur have already proved their headline status at Glastonbury.

Fair enough. It's all relative innit? To Metallica or One Direction they're not a big band. To the Pigeon Detectives or Menswear they're bloody massive

ACD are playing in Glasgow on the Sunday, but at 16:00......

This could count them out, BUT, could also mean that the reason behind having a gig at 16:00 is so they can go and play elsewhere later on in the night..........

Please be a WUM

Bon Scott's CeeDee senses will be twitching as he's driving in his brand Nissan Qashqai bought with the newly found funds he's earnt thanks to Camerons stewardship of our country.

Nissan Qashqai's are awfully vulgar

Class is all about having an Audi A5, which am proud to say i do :)

Had a really strange idea. What about David Byrne headlining the Pyramid? Just announced as a curator for Meltdown Festival, he had a plethora of hits in the 80s with Talking Heads and I can imagine him being absolutely brilliant live.

No? Back to my fantasy world I go then.

not that it will happen, but it would definitely be headliner - they're the most wanted reform in the world at the mo.

As way of a complete coincidence I actually met David Byrne about three weeks ago. I work at UCL managing research programmes and he just turned up one day looking for collaborators who specialize in neuroscience for a new project he is working on. I obviously took the chance to ask him if Talking Heads would ever reform and he just laughed and said 'No'. I also asked if he would be making any apperance at Glastonbury and he said he was 'far too busy to think about anything like that', or something to that effect. Genuinely lovely guy though. He's coming back in a week or so to meet with a few more researchers. When he just walked into my office, totally unexpected, it was the single most bizarre moment I've ever had at work.

Really? I've never considered TH to be big enough for headliner status in my own view. They don't have the same level of popularity amongst the "yoof" as say The Smiths or Zepellin.

I could be wrong of course.

I really would have thought Pink Floyd won that little competition, guess I am blinded by bias though.

Here a pic of me with Chris from 2003, I think - with the photo taken by Jarvis Cocker (seriously).

photosneilchris.jpg

For some reason I had this image in my head of you being a mix of Phil Mitchell and Jason Statham. Happy but stern looking. I wasn't expecting the affable tall chap in that photo. Good to see what the legend that is Neil looks like!

As way of a complete coincidence I actually met David Byrne about three weeks ago. I work at UCL managing research programmes and he just turned up one day looking for collaborators who specialize in neuroscience for a new project he is working on. I obviously took the chance to ask him if Talking Heads would ever reform and he just laughed and said 'No'. I also asked if he would be making any apperance at Glastonbury and he said he was 'far too busy to think about anything like that', or something to that effect. Genuinely lovely guy though. He's coming back in a week or so to meet with a few more researchers. When he just walked into my office, totally unexpected, it was the single most bizarre moment I've ever had at work.

That is brilliant

When that first lineup poster came out wasn't there a considerable amount of talk about more details coming before the end of the month? I'm sure several bands let slip that stage announcements etc would happen in that timescale and, well, the month ends tomorrow...?

Nissan Qashqai's are awfully vulgar

Class is all about having an Audi A5, which am proud to say i do :)

Believing in having 'class' is really not a good way to live your life in my opinion. Not good at all.