Acid_Haze

Had a really strange idea. What about David Byrne headlining the Pyramid? Just announced as a curator for Meltdown Festival, he had a plethora of hits in the 80s with Talking Heads and I can imagine him being absolutely brilliant live.

No? Back to my fantasy world I go then.

Talking Heads playing full stop would be amazing, sadly not Headliner status though.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Had a really strange idea. What about David Byrne headlining the Pyramid? Just announced as a curator for Meltdown Festival, he had a plethora of hits in the 80s with Talking Heads and I can imagine him being absolutely brilliant live.

No? Back to my fantasy world I go then.

I think on his own, he'd probably only be big enough to headline West Holts or The Park. Would definitely headline with Talking Heads but that's not gonna happen because there's a lot of hate there. :(

2009 Hyde Park was unbelievable.

2012 Hyde park was awful. Any gig that starts with a field of people singing the national anthem while watching madness ride around on a bus at the Olympic stadium is onto a stinker.

Maybe you were in a different part of the field to me in 2009 but I hated it. I had seen Blur at Glastonbury the week before though which maybe spoilt me. I thought the crowd was dire, no one seemed to be that fussed and there was too much 'attitude' and the number of cups that hit me on the head I honestly lost count.

Being a big fan i'm silently hoping they play this year as I can't put myself through a hyde park ordeal again!

Maybe you were in a different part of the field to me in 2009 but I hated it. I had seen Blur at Glastonbury the week before though which maybe spoilt me. I thought the crowd was dire, no one seemed to be that fussed and there was too much 'attitude' and the number of cups that hit me on the head I honestly lost count.

Being a big fan i'm silently hoping they play this year as I can't put myself through a hyde park ordeal again!

I was three back from the barrier at the 2009 Hyde Park gig and it was extraordinary.

To be honest, I hardly ever listen to Blur these days, but I'll never forget that gig.

Long time lurker...

Had to create an account to post this article that I saw:

http://www.coldplaying.com/x10y-chris-martin-risks-serious-injury-to-hug-noel-gallagher/

"The show was the band’s only confirmed UK date prior to their headline appearance at this summer’s Glastonbury festival."

It´s already a few days old and I do not know about the reliability of the site but one would think that the admins of this massive fansite would have pretty good connections to Coldplay.

So Coldplay&NGHFB?

Long time lurker...

http://www.coldplaying.com/x10y-chris-martin-risks-serious-injury-to-hug-noel-gallagher/

"The show was the band’s only confirmed UK date prior to their headline appearance at this summer’s Glastonbury festival."

It´s already a few days old and I do not know about the reliability of the site but one would think that the admins of this massive fansite would have pretty good connections to Coldplay.

So Coldplay&NGHFB?

Article's talking about stuff that happened in 2005.

Long time lurker...

So Coldplay&NGHFB?

If you read the article it is set in 2005 - and that I presume is what happened then

I have to say I wouldnt be that excited for blur OR oasis....both bands past their peak, split up and only got back together for the money(still to happen in oasis`s case though cant see it being for any other reason) both would seem to me like weak `lite` versions of past great sets and shows......just cant see it being anything other then a dissapointment after the excitement of seeing them again died down.

Blur's 09 set was one of the finest ever seen on the Pyramid and have just released a critically acclaimed album. To say they're past their peak or a lite version of what they were is rather ignorant.

Oasis would probably be accurate though.

I have to say I wouldnt be that excited for blur OR oasis....both bands past their peak, split up and only got back together for the money(still to happen in oasis`s case though cant see it being for any other reason) both would seem to me like weak `lite` versions of past great sets and shows......just cant see it being anything other then a dissapointment after the excitement of seeing them again died down.

I doubt that Blur got back together for the money. Oasis on the other hand will milk it for all it's worth in a couple of years.

Oh come on if they were that into their music theyd have never broken up.....yes they had legendary moments in the past but somehow I dont see them having that kind of passion anymore, bands that reform like that never do because if they had that kind of passion for their music theyd have never stopped in the first place! and critically acclaimed means sod all just look at the oscars haha

just because they don't fart out releases every 2 years doesn't mean they don't have passion.

Damon has numerous other bands and a solo career, Graham is an artist and has a solo career, Alex is a cheese farm tory w*nker, and Dave is a Labour MP so they're quite busy i think.

I'd much rather bands take their time and come back with an album as good as The Magic Whip than get the same old stuff every few years you get with other bands.

Oh come on if they were that into their music theyd have never broken up.....yes they had legendary moments in the past but somehow I dont see them having that kind of passion anymore, bands that reform like that never do because if they had that kind of passion for their music theyd have never stopped in the first place! and critically acclaimed means sod all just look at the oscars haha

If you'd seen them live since their return you'd know that's bollocks. Bands fall out with each other, split and return all the time. Almost every legendary metal act has done it at some point or other. Some on here were recently banging on about how great is be if the original GnR reformed.

I'm not a fan of Blur at all, but it's bollocks to say they aren't passionate. They have all been involved in different projects and not been in the band continuously, but that's because they have a passion for making different types of music. They're passionate about doing other things, but they can have other projects and still love Blur, every time they come back it's clearly to advance the narrative of Blur, add something new to the project and contribute something new to a band they love, they don't just wheel it out for the cash. As I say, I don't like their music, but they're not peddling it out for a pay day, they want to make something worthwhile when they're doing Blur.

I'm not a fan of Blur at all, but it's bollocks to say they aren't passionate. They have all been involved in different projects and not been in the band continuously, but that's because they have a passion for making different types of music. They're passionate about doing other things, but they can have other projects and still love Blur, every time they come back it's clearly to advance the narrative of Blur, add something new to the project and contribute something new to a band they love, they don't just wheel it out for the cash. As I say, I don't like their music, but they're not peddling it out for a pay day, they want to make something worthwhile when they're doing Blur.

'Thatcrazypenguin' in ill-informed rant ending in "haha" shocker ;)

I was three back from the barrier at the 2009 Hyde Park gig and it was extraordinary.

To be honest, I hardly ever listen to Blur these days, but I'll never forget that gig.

I was to the left of the mixing desk I think, maybe the front section was a more 'blur' crowd. I always pick the wrong places to stand!

Based on what? Ticket sales, records sold. I am interested in which criteria you think Blur are bigger than NGHFB

Oh my life.

Blur are an established headliner, NGHFB have never played a headline slot in their life, it's as simple as that!

I don't get what's so hard to understand (not just directed at you).

Edited by Zac Quinn

Don't know if this news on him playng in the US on Thursday 25th June has any bearing on Macca headlining the Sunday night (should it be him, which it probably isn't anyway) but I just thought it worth posting.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-is-getting-back-out-there-in-charlottesville

Oh my life.

Blur are an established headliner, NGHFB have never played a headline slot in their life, I don't get what's so hard to understand.

(Not just directed at you).

I assumed he was trolling.

I've spent a good few minutes trying to think of more of an argument but it's impossible.. There is no argument. Why are we arguing?!?! Blur would headline

Don't know if this news on him playng in the US on Thursday 25th June has any bearing on Macca headlining the Sunday night (should it be him, which it probably isn't anyway) but I just thought it worth posting.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-is-getting-back-out-there-in-charlottesville

Same as Kings of Leon. Him hurrying back over pond isn't as unlikely as them hurrying back over the band but yeah that realistically means he's probably out.

Based on what? Ticket sales, records sold. I am interested in which criteria you think Blur are bigger than NGHFB

Blur have sold around 15 million albums, Noel Gallagher has sold about 1 million. Blur have sold out shows and headlined festivals in the uk for about 20 years, Noel's done 2 arena tours and a few sub slots.

Noel's obvious a huge name but Blur are much more established as headliners.

Blur have sold around 15 million albums, Noel Gallagher has sold about 1 million. Blur have sold out shows and headlined festivals in the uk for about 20 years, Noel's done 2 arena tours and a few sub slots.

Noel's obvious a huge name but Blur are much more established as headliners.

This.

Ps if Kenport/R4B/whatever his alias is today would mind PM'ing me what they found wrong with that post I made just now that'd be great.

EDIT: cheers kingcrawler.

Edited by Zac Quinn