• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Shirley its just them in the studio, unlike Mumfords when they played they haven't had huge hits, nor have they developed into a big venue band like Arcade Fire. I can see them doing it after the next album but not now, they are tremendous live band but not quite there yet for a stage so big.

Shirley its just them in the studio, unlike Mumfords when they played they haven't had huge hits, nor have they developed into a big venue band like Arcade Fire. I can see them doing it after the next album but not now, they are tremendous live band but not quite there yet for a stage so big.

I think everyone's suggesting them as a sub rather than headliner. Yeah it's them in the studio, but could be argued that they edited that picture to look like the Pyramid to suggest they're being announced for the Pyramid soon. I was thinking they'd sub it anyway.

They are playing European festivals in July i'd say they look very likely to be one of those acts that only plays Glastonbury (but by their choice)

sub glasto this year, have about 1-2 new singles to play. Headline festivals (reading and T) next year. Written in the stars.

Edited by Matt42

I think everyone's suggesting them as a sub rather than headliner. Yeah it's them in the studio, but could be argued that they edited that picture to look like the Pyramid to suggest they're being announced for the Pyramid soon. I was thinking they'd sub it anyway.

They could, but I'd find it strange given that if this album is a big hit, they would possibly be in line for the top spot in a year.

Would love it to be the Foal's but can not see it happening this year, definatly will headline in the next couple of years though I am sure. One of the best bands of 2013 I thought.

A sub spot at the most possibly.

Edited by Tdiz

If Madge doesn't confirm it tonight I think we can safely say it's not her...................

But then who could it be?

i don't think we can.

Kanye was announced about a week after putting himself about during the Brits and doing interviews.

i don't necessarily think it's her, but no point ruling her out for that reason.

They are playing European festivals in July i'd say they look very likely to be one of those acts that only plays Glastonbury (but by their choice)

sub glasto this year, have about 1-2 new singles to play. Headline festivals (reading and T) next year. Written in the stars.

Yeah I said exactly this when they were announced for Pilton Party and most said they couldn't see them playing. Would definitely make sense. Not sure about T, but definitely see them subbing Glastonbury this year and headlining Reading next year.

"Madonna will be talking about that fall at the Brit Awards, along with her new album and family life, ahead of her tour in late summer.

They might even talk about the supposed ban from BBC Radio 1, which wasnt really a ban, they just didnt think her new music appealed to teenagers."

Obviously they're not going to say about Glastonbury in this blurb but I could see this interview simply being about what it says it's about... Her life and her already announced tour.

They could, but I'd find it strange given that if this album is a big hit, they would possibly be in line for the top spot in a year.

I guess, but I think they'll be bumped up by R&L next year (Melvin has said he wants them headlining one day, I think), and if so they wouldn't be back headlining Glasto until the next album, so a sub spot this year wouldn't be detrimental, and it'd be a good platform to thrust themselves back into the public consciousness before they release an album they'll be hoping can push them up to headline status. I think it'd be a perfect move.

I guess, but I think they'll be bumped up by R&L next year (Melvin has said he wants them headlining one day, I think), and if so they wouldn't be back headlining Glasto until the next album, so a sub spot this year wouldn't be detrimental, and it'd be a good platform to thrust themselves back into the public consciousness before they release an album they'll be hoping can push them up to headline status. I think it'd be a perfect move.

Yeah that's probably fair enough.

No complaints from me if they do play.

Looks like my visits to the Pyramid will be fairly scarce and I'd think about going to see them.

Although if they clashed I'd possibly not as I've seen the Holy Fire tour indoors and at 2 festivals, and as a sub you would think they are bound to clash with plenty of great stuff elsewhere

aye i was pretty adamant they wouldn't ply this year but this is a very good point. only problem i have is lack of new material - have many acts come back two years after last playing with no new material and risen up the ranks like that? (assuming they're a Pyramid sub)

aye i was pretty adamant they wouldn't ply this year but this is a very good point. only problem i have is lack of new material - have many acts come back two years after last playing with no new material and risen up the ranks like that? (assuming they're a Pyramid sub)

I'm pretty sure you've said something similar but.. Glastonbury isn't happening today... What's not to say they could drop their first single next week? For all we know?

Considering they've been working on the album since September i wouldn't be surprised if they have a fair bit done by now.