• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Not think it's too soon for muse?, haven't gotten anymore popular in the last 5 years. I'd think they'd go for Foo's or another band that hasn't done it over them.

I thought so too but a user on here said they hear they've been in talks with Glastonbury for it and I can't see them saying no what with their history with the festival.

Not think it's too soon for muse?, haven't gotten anymore popular in the last 5 years. I'd think they'd go for Foo's or another band that hasn't done it over them.

Nah, there a staple band like Coldplay/Arctics on rotation basically :P They only had a 6 year gap last time, so entirely possible it could be Muse with their back to basics showbiz esque new album (Fuck it , they should just do Showbiz and OoS in full :P)

My guess: SLAYER

Nah :P Biffy Clyro/Fleetwood Mac/Muse

Fleetwood Mac have to be the strongest bet

I think Foo Fighters are also likely

Other outside bets would be Florence + The Machine, Radiohead, Kanye West, Biffy Clyro

Can't really think of any others at the moment apart from those

Foos Fleetwood Mac Florence

Biffy Paolo Nutini Kylie

Kendrick Lamar Two Door Cinema Club/Foals Outkast

the Friday assuming Metallica all goes fine

Been saying those headliners for months and see no reason to change now :P They have to go for deliciously mainstream favourites after this year, surely. My third downs are just guesses really.

Would love to see Elton John though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

I bet with the inclusion of metallica as one of this year's headliners nobody was 3/3 in this particular game last year. Did anyone predict AF and kasabian?

I predicted Arcade Fire, Daft Punk & Fleetwood Mac. Nowhere near really bar Arcade Fire.

I bet with the inclusion of metallica as one of this year's headliners nobody was 3/3 in this particular game last year. Did anyone predict AF and kasabian?

I think those two were widely predicted so I assume they'll have been predicted together by a couple of people.

Has there ever been a Dance act headline?

Yeah. Quite a few times.

Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac and No Doubt (all different enough from each other with huge back catalogues to draw decent crowds.

Really? They'd probably struggle to headline JP nowadays.

This game always come sup around this time.

Pretty sure I guessed Arcade Fire last year. Definitely didn't guess Metallica.

The one I'm sure will headline at some point before it's too late is Lady Gaga. Adele certainly looks likely for the future and it'll be good to have the Foo Fighters back at long last.

Fleetwood Mac seems to essentially be TBC.

Here's the thread from this time last year:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/177140-2014-headliner-predictions/?hl=%202014%20%20headliner%20%20prediction

Suggest doing a search in it for mentions of Metallica - there's a few people who predicted them that I'd like to ask for a weather forecast from (plus a few people who now look a little silly)

Assuming you mean "before it's too late" as in 'before her popularity is gone' as opposed to 'before she's dead', it's been too late for about three years.

I do indeed mean before her popularity is gone. I suspect she'd have been a pretty big draw this year, but agree that she seems to be on the wane

They could plausibly still try and spin it as an "art" booking now that's she markets herself as being credible as opposed to radio-friendly but there are too many people who don't accept that for it to really come off. If she was going to headline she'd have done it instead of Beyonce in 2011, won't happen now.