Acid_Haze

While we're passing the time for Glastonbury 2014 to start, maybe I thought it'd be a good time to start up a thread discussing who'd headline next year.

I saw that last year Arcade Fire were a strong prediction to headline very early on. And it turned out happening

Wonder whether there are any bands we predict are almost definitely set to headline next year's festival.

I'm gonna go and make a prediction myself which could well be completely and utterly wrong

Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Florence + the Machine

Let's hear everyone else's!

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

While we're passing the time for Glastonbury 2014 to start, maybe I thought it'd be a good time to start up a thread discussing who'd headline next year.

I saw that last year Arcade Fire were a strong prediction to headline very early on. And it turned out happening

Wonder whether there are any bands we predict are almost definitely set to headline next year's festival.

I'm gonna go and make a prediction myself which could well be completely and utterly wrong

Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Florence + the Machine

Let's hear everyone else's!

Change Radiohead or Foo Fighters for Fleetwood Mac and you've got my bet. Foos will probably do Glasto in 2016 on the end of their tour of the new album.

Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters and Adele and my predictions.

FM seem stapled on, both FF and Adele have new albums coming out and we know Emily wants Adele to headline at some point

This is a good shout. Whether Adele will want to do it is another thing but I reckon they might try. Would also like to see the festival get more female headliners so would be happy to see another woman headlining.

Why would florance and her machine headline????????????? Maybe the other stage at a push but surly not the pyramid.............

it's gonna happen in the next few years. her new album will no doubt push her to superstardom and then will come the festival headline slots soon after. but what with Fleetwood Mac headlining next year i can't see Florence doing it as well (not because they're both female fronted - just that Stevie Nicks is clearly a massive influence to Florence so would be a bit samey)

Why would florance and her machine headline????????????? Maybe the other stage at a push but surly not the pyramid.............

You're suggesting this after we've had Mumford and Sons do it...

I'll too suggest FM plus F+TM, plus one other which I can't be arsed to think of right now. All these predictions will be about 100 miles out by the time next year comes around anyway.

Still time for her to deliver a Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie-esque clanger.

her last album didn't exactly set the world alight (not in the way Lungs did, anyway) but i don't think it'd matter if she did anyway - she's already cemented her popularity. it'd take a fair few albums of weirdness and shite before people stopped buying

Fleetwood Mac and Muse, if you pushed me for a third I'd probably say Foo Fighters.

Not think it's too soon for muse?, haven't gotten anymore popular in the last 5 years. I'd think they'd go for Foo's or another band that hasn't done it over them.

Not think it's too soon for muse?, haven't gotten anymore popular in the last 5 years. I'd think they'd go for Foo's or another band that hasn't done it over them.

i always see Muse as the same level as Coldplay, i.e. a band Glastonbury made huge by giving them a headline performance, so it's not totally out of the realms of possibility, although their last performance does seem far too recent for them to do it again. hope so anyway as their 2010 performance was shite and the final nail in the coffin for my love of Muse