'Front pit'

Guest mufcok

Its well easy to get in, if you are polite and just ask to get past people most move... I got in for Arctic Monkeys its easy, best thing is during the change over between the acts and work in from the side... I aim to be in there for Metallica and may get in for about halfway through jack white...

I would go in from the top, or in from the bottom. saying excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you, excuse me, thank you,

Pyramid.jpg

i won't be watching either of the subs for the two headliners i'm seeing (well, i'm seeing Jack White, but then (perhaps foolishly) going to see 30 minutes of Pixies and then back for Metallica) so i'll just be doing my best to get as close as possible. doubt i'll get in to that inner circle but i'll give it my best shot!

i managed to get in the front pit (and pretty close to centre / stage) rather easily before Primal Scream last year so can't imagine it being too hard this year (i don't expect there'll be as many people standing there all day for the headliners like there were for the Stones)

It's really not that bad - certainly not 'stay all day' anyway, regardless of who is playing. General rule of thumb for guaranteed entry into the 'front pit', I'd say, is:

For the headline act - Get there before the third last act ends (e.g. Lily Allen for Arcade Fire this year)

For the acts before the headline act - Get there before the end of the last act, sometimes later depending on who it is/who played before.

For early acts in the day - Get there whenever really, never too bad.

Small tip, especially if its sunny, is watch out for the chair/blanket crew, they can make a crowd seem so much bigger than it actually is, you'll need to say 'excuse me' and 'thanks' a hell of a lot :P

Did the pit in 2011 for U2 - you could see me in the TV footage. managed to get in from the right side of stage during Biffy as it was so rough in the moshpit a lot of lightweights bailled. So if you turn up during the Ginger one I think you'll be OK as I suspect a few will leave after him - as Kasabian are like Marmite - you either love or hate them.

What I have always found is that once inside the barrier you hit a brick wall of people who think that, as its congested, there obviously isn't any space further in so they stay where they are which adds to the congestion around the entrance. You just have to politely work your way through these people and you will be surprised just how much room there is only about 10 meters further in.

I found this at Arcade Fire in Hyde Park. It was really, really tight around the entrance to the point where you couldn't really move, but persevered and got acres of space dead centre for our group of about 10.

I'm at the front every time I see a band play at the pyramid. Just after the act before the band you want to see finishes loads of people with be walking in and out of the barriers on each side. You just got to make sure you're there a good few minutes before the band you want to see comes on. The only time I remember where there was no one going out of the barrier was the Rolling Stones last year. I didn't see a single person leave at the front after Primal Scream finished.

What this picture shows quite clearly is that, even when the entrances to the front section are congested, there's nearly always space inside (especially in-line with the middle of the stage, with your back against the barrier). You nearly always get people sitting down in that area for whatever reason and they're easy enough to step over (if you're polite).