'Front pit'

Guest mufcok

Does anyone know the best way to access the front part in front of the barrier at the Pyramid stage?

I've never actually been in so far but I plan on doing for Kasabian, gonna get there half way through Black Keys, don't know what the best approach is though...

I've only ever been in it once. After biffy in 2011 for morrissey and u2. Went in via right hand side as look at the stage. Was plenty of crowd churn after biffy, it gets a little bottlenecked getting in and out, obviously as its that sort of shape. Id probably try and do it just after an act rather than mid way through black keys. People on the outside will push right up to get close to stage and most likely block the entrance/exit.

Parachute. Avoids all that pushing and shoving.

Ok, in seriousness, there are entrances at each side, if you move in during the gap between acts you can normally get a good spot. There is usually no need to be there hours in advance.

Also if you avoid pushing your way in during the support you'll avoid annoying people.

Yes. you'll always get a cluster. I know of people who went to the front for the opening act last year and stayed there until the Rolling Stones.

On the whole it's spectacularly easy to get in the front pit if you want to, particularly for the early acts. I think for the headliners it would be wise to watch the sub-headliners and get in the pit for them. Metallica could go either way I think.

That photo is really helpful - to me the sweet spot looks like center stage right between the sound desk and the barrier (so behind the barrier).

Any guesses at how late one could arrive to squeeze themselves in that vicinity for Arcade Fire (sorry OP, don't mean to hijack :ph34r: , it's a good discussion you bring up).

Not that far back but ill certainly be there from at least the start of jack whites set if not a bit of robert plants....and I wouldnt call it sad, metallica are THE band of the festival to see for me, been a fan for a lot of lot of years and so that will be the (musical anyway) highlight of my weekend...therefore worth waiting for!

I'm at the front every time I see a band play at the pyramid. Just after the act before the band you want to see finishes loads of people with be walking in and out of the barriers on each side. You just got to make sure you're there a good few minutes before the band you want to see comes on. The only time I remember where there was no one going out of the barrier was the Rolling Stones last year. I didn't see a single person leave at the front after Primal Scream finished.

I'm at the front every time I see a band play at the pyramid. Just after the act before the band you want to see finishes loads of people with be walking in and out of the barriers on each side. You just got to make sure you're there a good few minutes before the band you want to see comes on. The only time I remember where there was no one going out of the barrier was the Rolling Stones last year. I didn't see a single person leave at the front after Primal Scream finished.