Download 2015

dentalplan

The last time they were billed to headline a festival in the UK was Sonisphere in 2012 and that was cancelled due to poor ticket sales (they were a reason for that) and the last time they headlined a festival was Download in 2008 and is regarded as one of the worst Download line ups. Especially after criticisms of a weak set of headliners this year to book them to headline the mainstage would be a idiotic move to make.

1. You have no idea whether KISS were a reason for the poor Soni sales. Their other two headliners were either shit (Queen + Lambert) or small (FNM), so it'd have struggled whoever the third headliner was.

2. A festival lineup can be awful and still have a good act playing. If this year's DL had Tool headlining it'd still be a poor lineup, so 2008 being poor on the whole (again, the other two headliners were unbelievably bad) isn't a reason for them not being big enough.

I'm not saying KISS could/will headline, as I don't think they will.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blink-182

Limp Bizkit

A Day To Remember

Mastodon

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Tonight Alive

Cancer Bats

letlive.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Devin Townsend

Tool

Deftones

Motörhead

Five Finger Death Punch

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Everytime I Die

Devildriver

Kvelertak

Jimmy Eat World

Black Veil Brides

All Time Low

Pearl Jam

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy

Black Stone Cherry

Down

Airbourne

Billy Talent

Architects

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

Machine Head

Slayer

Asking Alexandria

What would you think to something like that?

Rex joined Phil on his set too.

Phil did 3 Pantera songs in his set.

Seems like its getting closer all the time, problem is, Andy doesn't believe that they're a big enough name to headline, but he's been told by people in the media they are.

Ultimately it will come down to what the band think they're worth, they'll do the festival run and play the same set everywhere if it actually happens, they will either sub them all or headline them all, the only exception i've seen to this is Limp Bizkit, when they reformed they were playing all sorts of different slots.

I have heard Pantera being mentioned, but its not the first time, but it does seem if its gunna happen it'll be next year.

Blink-182

Limp Bizkit

A Day To Remember

Mastodon

Parkway Drive

Of Mice and Men

Tonight Alive

Cancer Bats

letlive.

Mötley Crüe

Alice Cooper

Devin Townsend

Tool

Deftones

Motörhead

Five Finger Death Punch

Coheed and Cambria

In Flames

Everytime I Die

Devildriver

Kvelertak

Jimmy Eat World

Black Veil Brides

All Time Low

Pearl Jam

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy

Black Stone Cherry

Down

Airbourne

Billy Talent

Architects

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

Machine Head

Slayer

Asking Alexandria

What would you think to something like that?

I would love this soooo much

The Pantera reunion/tribute thing is inevitable now. There’s been too much talk from the main parties for it not to happen. I know when asked previously Andy said it wouldn’t be big enough to headline but I guess it depends what his options are from other acts, how much they’d cost & what the show would consist of? If it were a UK exclusive they could headline I suppose. The music press it’d garner alone would shift a bunch of tickets

Personally, I think it’d make for a great sub. Give them an hour, 10 minute video tribute to Dimebag & 50 minutes to bash out the hits before the casuals get bored.

I think sub might be a bit more appropriate too as it's a pretty unknown territory and even their fans might shrug it off, and that's who you'd be aiming it at as I don't particularly believe they're a band who've been largely passed onto people getting into metal since they quit, if that makes any sense. But it's true that it depends on who else they have lined up and I can't really think of anyone anymore if it's unlikely to be Bullet or Metallica.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I gotta say that I tend to agree that, on one of the days, the Main Stage line up is going to go:

Kiss/Van Halen/Guns N Roses (i.e., something vaguely 80s hair metal)

Motley Crue

with Alice Cooper floating around somewhere in the line up

I can't see where System of a Down are coming from. After seeing them in Prague last year, where it was fairly clear that they'd had their fill of performing live for the time being, I'd tend to say that it'll be some time before they tour again, if they ever do - though I'd love to be proved wrong! :D

We've also been fantasising that Body Count would be an ace headliner - can't see it happening though! :(

Would also like to see Disturbed in the line up somewhere .....