Highlights of the weekend?

Guest Ipayne

So it's all over now, really loved the festival itself. Atmosphere and all the people I met were really down to earth and welcoming and the organisation was great for me except for the Drop off and pick up organisation.

acts of the weekend for me were:

RHCP - 9/10. My biggest highlight of the weekend personally, only knocked a point off for the shortened set and no UTB. Crowd near me were going mental, everyone singing along to most of the songs and the band themselves were extremely tight, Flea blew me away yet again. Heard mixed reviews but generally good ones, mainly because of the short set.

Biffy - 8/10. Great show, felt the least special of the 3 times I've seen them though. Think that was maybe due to the lack of older material except Justboy and Glitter.

Peace - 8/10. Only knew Follow Baby before seeing them and absolutely loved their set, reminded me of The Bends era Radiohead for whatever reason. Gonna check more stuff of theirs out when I get home.

Tom Odell - 7/10 . I hated what I'd heard by him before IOW, went to see him as my friend really likes him and she wanted to see him so I went with her. Came away loving it which I definitely didn't expect, all the songs I heard came across quite Bluesy and much rockier than thr recordings which I really enjoyed.

KOL- 7/10. Really like KOL on record except for CASD but had seen performances on TV and was expecting to write them off. I really enjoyed their set but still felt they could be much better due to their popularity and well known songs. Felt the first few songs up to Closer were great and then from Four Kicks. Felt there was just a slight lull in the center of the set. Apart from that they were good.

Rudimental - 8/10. Knew nothing by them but the group I went with really liked them so went with them and was extremely impressed, loved the use of a live band including a brass section playing DnB. Great energy and crowd interaction.

Honourable mentions:

Deap Vally - Only managed to catch the last song but which I got to catch the full set. Absolutely love Blues duo's and they've definitely got the whole package. (They're pretty hot too ;))

The Specials - Were fun to watch though didn't quite get to enjoy it fully due to finding a spot for RHCP.

Dishonourable mentions;

The 1975 - Never liked them on record really but saw them due to 2 of our group wanting to see them. The whole set sounded the same to me to the point I thought they'd already played one of them. Probably worst act of the weekend for me, got far too tedious.

What did you guys enjoy and what not so much?

Really had a cracking time down there!

Went for a stag weekend and it didn't disappoint,we loved the Struts/ rhcp/travis/biffy/specials to name a few.

Didn't like the early closing of most things within the arena though,we're used to glasto and bestival where there's still dancing and bits to be had into the silly hours but all said and done a roaring success...oh and on the whole the people were a friendly ole bunch too

• 1 month later...