Bringing Drugs into the festival

Guest Kiaaauugh

Hey all.

So this year is the first time attending Glastonbury for the full period and it's also the first time I'll actually be bringing some drugs in.

I'm only planning on bringing personal amounts of a few substances (MDMA, Weed, GHB etc.) but enough to last me my time there!

So a few questions:

How good are the searches and has anyone got any tips how to get through smoothly? I'm under the impression that it's just a quick look through your bag.

Would it be a good idea to mix some of my drugs in solution, put them in a plastic bottle and pretend it's alcohol? Do they check your bottles by opening them at all?

Are there ever sniffer dogs?

I've always come into Glastonbury mid/late weekend without much stuff and avoided the queues so not really familiar with the intensity of security.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Kiaaauugh

Hey all.

So this year is the first time attending Glastonbury for the full period and it's also the first time I'll actually be bringing some drugs in.

I'm only planning on bringing personal amounts of a few substances (MDMA, Weed, GHB etc.) but enough to last me my time there!

So a few questions:

How good are the searches and has anyone got any tips how to get through smoothly? I'm under the impression that it's just a quick look through your bag.

Would it be a good idea to mix some of my drugs in solution, put them in a plastic bottle and pretend it's alcohol? Do they check your bottles by opening them at all?

I've always come into Glastonbury mid/late weekend without much stuff and avoided the queues so not really familiar with the intensity of security.

I will not give a sarcy answer.

I have been doing festivals for 30 years and always got through.

The best thing first is to not get stopped !

Look and dress normal so that you do not stand out

I usually go through with a female from our group looking like a couple

When you know you are going to walk past security i always wait until there loads of people going through . If security are on the left then be on the right side of the crowd vice versa or just try and be in the middle. Security just tend to pick the folks nearest too em for random searces.

Securtity are on the look out for glass so do not take a cool box with you on that trip as they seem to get searced a lot.

If you do get stopped there seem to be two types of security.

My mate got stopped the other year at Glasto and although he had all the kit for making spliffs they never found his weed. He said that the search was half hearted and the student steward was just looking in his bag but not too invasive.

The other type of security is the ex marines and bouncers dressed in black. Thankfully i have never had any dealings with them but i have seen enough , they can be a lot keener and dog with a bone if they think you have something.

Getting it through - Just spend time thinking about it there is plenty of items you can disassemble then reassemble with your stash hidden in !

Hey all.

So a few questions:

Dull question... if you really need to ask this question, one could question if you are really responsible enough to take them ;-)

Edited by mrfunk

genuinely, what do people think is the risk of posting a question like this ? Do you think that the police may figure out who this poster is and come to their house to search it, or somehow find them at the gates of the festival? Or is it more an issue of just having respect for the police?! I have often wondered what these warnings about the police presence on the forum are based on.

genuinely, what do people think is the risk of posting a question like this ? Do you think that the police may figure out who this poster is and come to their house to search it, or somehow find them at the gates of the festival? Or is it more an issue of just having respect for the police?! I have often wondered what these warnings about the police presence on the forum are based on.

I think it's probably technically possible for the law enforcement agencies to single someone out on here, should they wish to do so. However, it would be using up resources on small fry which they probably cannot afford to do. What's the cost / benefit in these times of decreasing budgets?

Edited by Mr.Tease

I've encountered them at castle Cary train station and Bristol temple meads train station (on the Tuesday to try and ensure unsuspecting people breaking up their journey!). People have said they are sometimes at London train station both going to the festival and returning.

Haven't ever encountered them at the festival though, but people used to say they were there

Yeah I've definitely heard of them being used at train stations but I don't think I've ever seen them at the festival.

Basically what I'm saying is if you ram all your drugs up your arse on the way in then you should be fine.

Yeah I've definitely heard of them being used at train stations but I don't think I've ever seen them at the festival.

i've seen a dog - at Gate D, in 2009 I think it was, not long after the gates opened.

There was a police search (with the dog) on one side of the entrance, and a security/stewards search on the other.

Edited by eFestivals

Hello all,

(hi yoghurt!)

The police main stated targets are dealers and thieves. That said, if you're obvious with it or its brought to the attention of Avon and Somerset, it will be dealt with.

We don't police the gates though, that's all down to the festival - we just pick up any pieces...

Tweet and ask... http://glastonburypolice.com/

I'm Travelling from abroad and my usual Colombian penpal has unfortunately had to pull out due to work commitments (mental I know, I'd quit my job in an instant!) and leaves me a bit a stuck.

Complete long shot and probably very naive of me, but If anyone can help me locate another penpal then please drop me a PM !

Please don't judge as I haven't meant to cause offence. Everyone has their own vices and if you can't let loose once a year at glasto then where else can you lol :)

Hello all,

(hi yoghurt!)

The police main stated targets are dealers and thieves. That said, if you're obvious with it or its brought to the attention of Avon and Somerset, it will be dealt with.

We don't police the gates though, that's all down to the festival - we just pick up any pieces...

Tweet and ask... http://glastonburypolice.com/