"Instant Fun" acts

Guest SparrowC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i never did. i think they played Leeds Fest one year i went but were first on on the Sunday so in my hungover state i ended up missing them thinking 'i'll just catch them at one of their gigs' but then never got round to it and they split. damn shame. always heard they were great live as well

Not a live act as such but Wheel Of Four Tunes have been the highlight of my last 2 Glastonburys. 2 dudes dressed as Power Rangers with a wheel of music genres such as Rock, Cheese, Motown, ska, Disco, etc. They get someone from the crowd up to spin the wheel and whatever genre it lands on they play four songs from that genre. This continues for 2 hours!

It sounds fairly generic but it is absolutely brilliant and their song choices for each genre are absolutely perfect. Lots of maniac dancing and their banter with the crowd is fantastic. They play on the Sensation Seekers stage in the early hours and what is brilliant is seeing the crowd grow larger and larger throughout their set as more and more people who are trudging towards the South East Corner queuing system get drawn in by the party atmosphere they are generating. I have seen them start with a crowd of 20 which has grown to about 1500 people by the end of their set.

They are the definition of an "Instant Fun" act.

i've always avoided Crystal Fighters because i always got them mixed up with Crystal Antlers who i think are shit. what a silly mistake! they fit nicely into my Friday schedule so i think i may pop along to see them. seem like great fun

By the way, after adding Crystal Fighters to my lineup on the Glasto app I've noticed they're due to finish at exactly the same time as Foster the People are starting on the Other, can anybody tell me if this is doable? Is it easy to get from John Peel to the Other within literally no time at all?