"Facing the Music" - a Glastonbury novel

Tim Thorogood

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. Decided to order a copy after seeing a thread on here by the author.

Was a bit surprised by the opening chapter and the almost erotic theme but got through that.

Brilliant story, woukd highly recommend it to you.

Cheers

Erotic theme? Oh bollocks, I've just bought a copy about 5 minutes ago. Knowing that info might have swayed my purchasing decision. Am I going to have to w*nk myself senseless all over again? I thought I was over all that kind of thing.

Also read it recently.

Fantastic book, really draws you in to the glasto world every time you read it.

Agree, very erotic theme from the outset. Loved it!

The combination of the two highlighted words in your post disturb me. Don't tell me, I think I've got it now - you read it once recently and then decided to re-read it so many times up to, and including, the point where you can say that it 'draws you in to the glasto world every time you read it.' It's that 'every' that does it.

The combination of the two highlighted words in your post disturb me. Don't tell me, I think I've got it now - you read it once recently and then decided to re-read it so many times up to, and including, the point where you can say that it 'draws you in to the glasto world every time you read it.' It's that 'every' that does it.

Well observed. I thought it had only just come out. How many times can anyone have read it by now?

Im very sorry, my English is very poor. Having only achieved a C at school round ten years ago.

To explain I've read the book twice. Once before Glastonbury, and then again recently, although not finished again yet admittedly.

I'm sorry i've caused such a rift. hope everything is well sir.

I love you.

Im very sorry, my English is very poor. Having only achieved a C at school round ten years ago.

To explain I've read the book twice. Once before Glastonbury, and then again recently, although not finished again yet admittedly.

I'm sorry i've caused such a rift. hope everything is well sir.

I love you.

My apologies - It's just that your post was open to misinterpretation. I don't necessarily think it was down to poor English ( I only got a C in English Language myself - over 30 years ago!!). More a case of my mind looking for perceived faults without full knowledge of the facts. No rift this end. I love you too.

Who needs that when you can have a lengthy erotic chapter on an in tent mutual wet wipe clean down.

cor!

We met in a secluded part of the field, by the ribbon tower, the sun nearly kissing the evening horizon. The warm breeze was full of that earthy, musky scent that only those fortunate enough to live outside the urban rat race know, the unmissable aroma of BO and cow shit, and a quiet whispering of decaying litter added the final touch to the most romantic scene. We lay there, both naked. I knew I had to have her, and have her now.

Without a word being spoken, I moved to a position of dominance. She reached over and grasped my rigid prong. She slowly peeled back the skin like an erotic banana and there, lying proudly amidst 3 days of accumulated smegma, was a dead spider...

etc

cor!

We met in a secluded part of the field, by the ribbon tower, the sun nearly kissing the evening horizon. The warm breeze was full of that earthy, musky scent that only those fortunate enough to live outside the urban rat race know, the unmissable aroma of BO and cow shit, and a quiet whispering of decaying litter added the final touch to the most romantic scene. We lay there, both naked. I knew I had to have her, and have her now.

Without a word being spoken, I moved to a position of dominance. She reached over and grasped my rigid prong. She slowly peeled back the skin like an erotic banana and there, lying proudly amidst 3 days of accumulated smegma, was a dead spider...

etc

You are Jilly Cooper, and I claim my £10.

cor!

etc

Semi

• 11 months later...

Just finished this book, after leaving it half read last year on the way down.

It seemed to be a cross between 2005 and 2007. Imagine you get the massive thunderstorm of 2005, then it keeps raining all weekend. No wonder the characters were so miserable!

Tim cheated by changing the names of the bands too! I'm now starting on Festival by David Belbin, anyone tried it?

I'm now starting on Festival by David Belbin, anyone tried it?

pretty sure that's one I read, about a decade ago.

It's a bit teenage in its style, but I thought it did a pretty decent job of portraying what it's like to be at the fest, at least for the first half of the book before the 'plot' starts to take over a bit too much.

pretty sure that's one I read, about a decade ago.

It's a bit teenage in its style, but I thought it did a pretty decent job of portraying what it's like to be at the fest, at least for the first half of the book before the 'plot' starts to take over a bit too much.

I'm a couple of chapters in and enjoying it a lot more than Facing The Music so fsr. (Sorry Tim!)

I think I would just like to read a book where people go the Glastonbury, get fucked up on drugs, eat some brilliant food and watch some amazing gigs - and nothing else. Well apart from the circus, cabaret, drumming at the Stone Circle, fireworks and tent erections. But no plot!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I'm a couple of chapters in and enjoying it

yeah, I felt it was quite readable.

Now I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was the author who sent me a copy.

I think I would just like to read a book where people go the Glastonbury, get fucked up on drugs, eat some brilliant food and watch some amazing gigs - and nothing else. Well apart from the circus, cabaret, drumming at the Stone Circle, fireworks and tent erections. But no plot!

then you need Crispin & John's Glastonbury Festival Tales, with it's true stories of people getting fucked up on drugs, etc, etc, etc.