Showering at Glastonbury. Yes or no?

Guest johnny-yen

Not read the thread but I use the Greenpeace showers every day.

Depending on the day and time of day you can be waiting anything from 30 minutes to 3 hours but the time we waited 3 hours (Saturday about 9am) we just went for a walk and came back later. You dont have to hang around and so long as you have your ticket they will let you in if you miss your slot.

Very clean and no issue although I went in the afternoon on the Friday and didnt think it was too apropriate for the two guys getting to know each other a bit too well to be doing it in open place as a communial shower area.

Apart from thats its really refreshing especially when its hot and Ill be using them every day.

First thing in the day go to the Greenpeace area, pick up a token with a number on and then go get some food and drink. Chill and by the time your up your number's gonna be pretty much there. Or come back a bit later, don't really feel showering is that much of a hassle and i feel so much better for it during the day, that's my plan anyway.

First thing in the day go to the Greenpeace area, pick up a token with a number on and then go get some food and drink. Chill and by the time your up your number's gonna be pretty much there. Or come back a bit later, don't really feel showering is that much of a hassle and i feel so much better for it during the day, that's my plan anyway.

Very clean and no issue although I went in the afternoon on the Friday and didnt think it was too apropriate for the two guys getting to know each other a bit too well to be doing it in open place as a communial shower area.

I used to wash every morning using saucepans, water container, anything really plus wet wipes for the " parts" and bum area. These days I take a big motorhome and one good shower in that is just SO welcome you would not believe it.

Chuck occasional bucket of (cold-ish*) water over head, add shampoo, repeat bucket chuckage, comb hair, plait, hat. Collapsible bucket and wet wipes for the rest of me. Done.

Queen Elizabeth I had a bath every few months, and she was awesome. I think I can manage being awesome without a shower for 4 days.

*you'd be surprised how warm a water carrier full gets if you leave it out on a sunny day.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

I quite like this idea people have been posting about not having time to shower and doing it all round anyway.

Why not go further? Buy some adult nappies! Why queue for the toilets during the day when you could be doing something for interesting, you use the toilet all year round anyway ha

Not the same thing, but it depends what you want to do at a glasto really isn't it? Some people couldn't imagine getting so drunk or messed up on drugs that they had to spent a lot of next day sleeping it off in the tent.

I personally feel a little unpleasant if I go too long without a shower and don't see it as too much out of my day to have a shower. Like it said before, go with some mates, get some food and have a laugh in the queue

Edited by thomfrench

My first Glasto in 1987 woke up on the Firday morning after arriving in the early hours to find two youing ladies having a full strip wash over a washing up bowl. I think I will like this glastonbury thing I thought to myself.............

I don't quite understand people who shower every day at home. I only shower every three days and I'm pretty sure I'm clean enough. The more you clean the more you have to clean.

At Glasto I normally just wet wipe but I did enjoy having a shower when at Worthy View last year. Might see if I can get in Greenpeace but there will probably be too many other exciting things to do. What time does it open? I normally find myself awake at some ridiculously early time.

I don't quite understand people who shower every day at home. I only shower every three days and I'm pretty sure I'm clean enough. The more you clean the more you have to clean.

At Glasto I normally just wet wipe but I did enjoy having a shower when at Worthy View last year. Might see if I can get in Greenpeace but there will probably be too many other exciting things to do. What time does it open? I normally find myself awake at some ridiculously early time.

• 5 years later...

Each to their own. I stayed in an off-site place this year with showers that had no queue. I used them twice but it was relatively pointless with it being quite a hot year. It was nice at the time but that was it, you were sweaty again in half an hour. It certainly wouldn’t be worth queuing for an hour to be hot and sweaty again in much less time, but if that’s what folks want to do that’s up to them. Same as not showering at all.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I’ve always been a ‘bleh, don’t worry about it, bit more deodorant and maybe a cold bucket wash every day if I can be arsed’ kind of fella, but last year I was Oxfamming and the hot showers there were quite ridiculously beautiful. I had four in six days and every single one was blissful. I’m staying posh and eschewing feral. Sorry 

Edited by balti-pie