Showering at Glastonbury. Yes or no?

Guest johnny-yen

I once had a couple of showers at Glastonbury when Radio 1 had a shower block for punters to use one year. It was right next to where we were camping and very few people seemed to know of it's existence as you could just walk in whenever you wanted a shower ie no queues. Other than that year I go feral and don't wash at all. Not even wet wipes. On top of that I tend to wake up fully clothed and just get up and party on. I may change my pants and socks a couple of times at some point though. None of the people I go with use the showers either.

I am bit like yogurt on a stick I can go feral. I have never even seen any showers at Glasto, so clearly haven't looked. I am thinking it might be a good idea to shower and wash pollen off me, as each year I suffer really bad from hay fever. What I can gather there is showers at the below locations

Showers at kids fields

Showers and Sauna at Greenfield - Is it right you can get a ticket and go back at your allocated time?

Showers and Sauna at Lost horizon - some sort of nudist place gathering from their facebook!

Hozelock shower and shower tent for us wife insisted on it and I'm pretty glad she did as I'm now looking forward to a refreshing shower each day. It doesn't bother me other folk use wet wipes or nothing at all each to their own etc... but a shower sounds like a treat to me.

No need for a shower, queues are always too long for my liking. I pack a brew up kit as I just MUST have that morning cuppa! Just makes sense to take a small bowl ('bout 7 inches across, stainless steel, it is sufficient) flannel, hand towel (always know where your towel is). This means I can have a strip wash in my tent in the morning. It just makes sense and is soo refreshing (I also pack travel sized talc powder for my feet!). I have some nylon string rigged up inside my tent as a "washing line" which I then pop the flannel and towel over that, the days 'tent heat' dries them out for the next day!

Edited by mikeb

I don't get what's so bad about taking one or two showers in 5 days. You go to the greenpeace showers, get a number, come back a little later and that's it. You can do it in the morning. No problems. You won't miss anything you don't want to miss.

Always done much the same here but had one of these for donkey's years. Always have to hump everything whenever I go to festivals or camping in general so it's great as it takes up virtually zero space/weight at all. Good for everything from a quick once over with a flannel in the morning to washing clothes every other day day when I'm tent-based for several weeks. Cost <£5 I think. Can even be civilised and put on a li'l bit of extra water for the morning brew just to take the edge off the water that's been sat outside in the carrier all night if being a bit of a wuss ! Good as they might be, it's not in any way difficult to feel mostly human without wasting valuable time hanging around in queues for showers or hogging the taps for a dog's age :)

Add the all important comfort bottle and the en-suite in Ye Olde Tent is several orders of magnitude better than the (non-existent) en-suite in the bedroom at home :lol:

folding%20bowl.jpg

I Always start the day with a sauna at SAMs magic hat sauna. A wood-fired sauna made out of a converted caravan. Sweat the toxins and dirt out from the night before. Shower with cold water Swedish style and drink at least 1 litre of water. It's free (you can give a donation - put it in the magic hat!). You'll feel better than when you arrived at site. You'll most likely see naked people, which can be odd if you haven't seen naked people before I suppose, but it's very liberating and very good for you, and I don't really understand why you'd do anything else. Being dirty and sweaty it not my thing, but each to their own.