Weather

Guest lufcwhite

Wouldn't trust it. I think weather reports are only reliable for 4 days before the day you want (so for the whole weekend you won't know until the Wednesday)

A week before Download last year it said is was going to warm and sunny (all weekend) but it changed as the week went on and on the Friday it was cloudy and a few showers, sun did come out once or twice though but the weather wasn't right a week before so I wouldn't trust it over a month in advance. Anyway that weather isn't that bad (apart from the Sunday)

Edited by justanothername

2012 was awful. only thursday and friday night could u not get stuck in mud and it was everywhere u looked. Would have to be an awful downpour to make it a repeat of that. i hope i never see anything quite like it again though. making it through all the music and packing up and going on the monday morning was one of my proudest festival achievements just dont let me repeat it

rain started ever so slightly whilst florence and machine were on main stage, myself and the mrs were deciding what to do for the remainder of the night at one of the bars so just stood there drinking as didnt want to see any acts at that point as think the choice was florence and professor green. We seen part of tinie tempah on radio 1 and walked down and caught part of snow patrol but thats when the rain started properly as we then took refuge in the tuts and saw the end of new order which was much better. the walk back to the tent in the rain was not much fun at all. being woken up by some bloke at 4am shouting "im so fucking faced" also didnt go down well but thats when i realised the rain battering my tent. the scene when i opened my tent on saturday morning was as though a mudbomb had hit kinross! bastard rain!

randomly remember having "blue monday" stuck in my head all night once back at the tent. the mrs' last words before sleep "hope this rain dies off otherwise it could get a bit muddy" little did she know. ive still got photos of that weekend somewhere ill have to try and upload them for the T virgins.

Should have known how bad the Saturday in 2012 was going to be, before the music started I was sitting in the Ceilidh tent & the playlist was CCR Have you ever seen the rain followed by B J Thomas Raindrops keep falling on my head. If I knew then what I know now I would have been at the nearest dinghy supplier preparing for the Sunday, no matter how bad it gets we will never experience another day like that.

Maybe its just a denial reflex but don't remember it being that bad on Saturday morning, remember the rain starting during the Wailers & pretty much not stopping until Cypress Hill was washed away in a landslide. Saturday night & all day Sunday was as miserable as it is humanly possible to be, remember at one point staring at my wellies wondering how the mud could possibly be coming over the top of them when I was standing up.

some cracking photos there wish i knew how to upload mine but there are some floating around the internet. any umbrellas used that weekend were pointless. even the ponchos became pointless. didnt get the feeling in my toes back until about 3-4 weeks after T had finished, 1 of the side effects of wearing wellies all weekend

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/129/623x349/129702-mud-bath-but-t-in-the-park-fans-didnt-let-a-bit-of-rain-