Recharging phones with external batteries

Guest oindypoind

I used the 15000mAh TeckNet, which I think is basically the same as the Anker, and although it was a little heavier to carry around than I'd've hoped, it lasted the course very well. Highly recommended. Also, could refill it on the train since they put mains sockets between the seats now! :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did everyone's mobile phone charging solutions hold out in the end?

I took the ec-tech 22400mah charger from Amazon. It finally gave up the ghost on Sunday having done about 2 charges a day from Weds-Saturday night http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-TECHNOLOGY%C2%AE-Ultra-high-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404212039&sr=8-1&keywords=22400mah

I then had to use my cheaper AA-based charger for the final day.

Did anyone manage to find a product that coped with very heavy use?

I had this one and it used it twice a day at the most and think this died Friday night/Saturday morning. Didn't move off 4 bars then died. Also took it camping the previous weekend at Kings of Leon and it died on two bars... Anyone think mine could well be faulty? Using an iPhone 5

I had this one and it used it twice a day at the most and think this died Friday night/Saturday morning. Didn't move off 4 bars then died. Also took it camping the previous weekend at Kings of Leon and it died on two bars... Anyone think mine could well be faulty? Using an iPhone 5

Have to say that the irony of hundreds and hundreds of folk queuing what seemed like hours to recharge their smartphone whilst the Leftfield tent the other side of the path discussed the topic of chasing the tax avoiding global corporations made me smile.

Only at Glastonbury.

I used the 15000mAh TeckNet, which I think is basically the same as the Anker, and although it was a little heavier to carry around than I'd've hoped, it lasted the course very well. Highly recommended. Also, could refill it on the train since they put mains sockets between the seats now! :)

Have to say that the irony of hundreds and hundreds of folk queuing what seemed like hours to recharge their smartphone whilst the Leftfield tent the other side of the path discussed the topic of chasing the tax avoiding global corporations made me smile.

Only at Glastonbury.

I really don't understand those who are that bothered about their phones to queue for hours a day .. And don't buy one of these batteries.

Really is a no brainer. Mine had more than enough to see me through the week. £30 from amazon and will last for years.

I really don't understand those who are that bothered about their phones to queue for hours a day .. And don't buy one of these batteries.

Really is a no brainer. Mine had more than enough to see me through the week. £30 from amazon and will last for years.

My 15000 TekNet absolutely nailed it. Had quarter of the battery left by the end. Couldn't tell you the exact number of charges I got out of it as I just topped it up here and there. Helped revive a couple of friends phones but certainly a great addition to my Glastonbury essentials

I had an Anker Astro E4 - it was very good as it managed to keep my phone working all the time and also my friends got a few charges out of it too from flat, and still has 1 dot of battery left.

It's definitely worth the investment as you can just charge your phone whilst you're sleeping/in the tent.

I walked past the EE recharge tent and the queues to get in were crazy, as were the ones for the power bars.

Used an 11000 mAh one from RS bought via work for £40..charged my phone 4 times to 100.% over 5 days. Very similar to the Anker ones. Just have to remember to charge it and use it regularly between festivals/trips out to maintain its performance.