Shame, I quite wanted to see Metallica

Guest Major Charles Ingram

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ideal solution?

Metallica refuse their fee on the basis that the money goes towards some sort of 'Save The Bears' campaign.

The festival then buy a couple of bears and let them loose on the Pyramid stage while Kasabian are doing their opening number.

The Metallica fans are happy, the bears are happy and the people with nothing to watch on the Sunday night are happy.

Hunting for sport has nothing to do with the being at the top of the 'food chain' though.

But on that topic, if you truly believe you're at the top of the food chain, I challenge you or anybody else to attempt to hunt & kill a bear in the wild without the aid of a gun. Good luck.

Get on board with the IDA. Or PETA. Or an organisation who has an international standing and the ear of a government. An organisation who knows how to get things done, who can onboard celebs, rich c**ts, people who can make a difference. An organisation thats being crying out for help, any help, for over 30 years. Unlike these Facebook crews and their mock outrage.

Sitting on a couch and setting up a Facebook group on your iphone is completely pointless. In my opinion its actually harmful as it dilutes whats already there PETA, Greenpeace, IDA etc. Theres already multiple platforms to voice these things.

But people do it instead because they want to make it clear how personally outraged they are. "Look at me, look at me I'm such a good person".

If everyone is as outraged as they say, why not join up and drop a donation to the IDA?

Theres the link, all you have to do is click it. Takes a mere two minutes to sign up to the mailing list. And a further two minutes to donate.

Yes I think it's barbaric. I wouldn't particularly even class it as a 'sport', more of a sad old man's hobby. It may add to your enjoyment of life but it's entirely detrimental to the fishes health, if you're ok with that then that says more about you as a person than I possibly could.

Each to their own & all that though, of course.

James is there to play his music, not to promote hunting. It's not the right time or place.

I hate to think how many snakeskin boots/trousers, fur coats etc have graced the stage over the years.

It's hardly a revelation and it's certainly not the worst thing a Glasto headliner has ever done.

James is there to play his music, not to promote hunting. It's not the right time or place.

I hate to think how many snakeskin boots/trousers, fur coats etc have graced the stage over the years.

It's hardly a revelation and it's certainly not the worst thing a Glasto headliner has ever done.

This is such a stupid argument

if we removed bands because we disagreed with one thing each person did, we'd have an empty festival.

So what if james hunted, that's his choice... he doesn't promote it or even say anything about it. Plus I don't care if someone i'm watching has in the past. Doesn't change my view that it's wrong, won't make me want to do it either.

No one is a clean slate, pretty sure if I looked hard enough I could dig something up about you russy.

Edited by mattgimmeshelter

This is such a stupid argument

if we removed bands because we disagreed with one thing each person did, we'd have an empty festival.

So what if james hunted, that's his choice... he doesn't promote it or even say anything about it. Plus I don't care if someone i'm watching has in the past. Doesn't change my view that it's wrong, won't make me want to do it either.

No one is a clean slate, pretty sure if I looked hard enough I could dig something up about you russy.

It says you favour your own selfish enjoyment over the welfare & health of the creatures you torment with your 'sport'. If you're ok with that, then that's fine but don't dress it up as something it's not.

Your assumption is also wrong. I've written several papers on the reforms necessary to the law in order to protect wildlife/the environment within the UK (& to a lesser extent the EU.)