Shame, I quite wanted to see Metallica

Guest Major Charles Ingram

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fucking nauseating to see that majestic bear shot to death by some c**t with a high powered rifle. How can it be called sport - it's not like the bear stood a chance against a high velocity bullet fired by some bastard nowhere near the bear itself. In my mind it would be great to see a protest at the festival. I'd much rather see that than a decline in the ethos of the festival.

The ideal solution?

Metallica refuse their fee on the basis that the money goes towards some sort of 'Save The Bears' campaign.

The festival then buy a couple of bears and let them loose on the Pyramid stage while Kasabian are doing their opening number.

The Metallica fans are happy, the bears are happy and the people with nothing to watch on the Sunday night are happy.

The ideal solution?

Metallica refuse their fee on the basis that the money goes towards some sort of 'Save The Bears' campaign.

The festival then buy a couple of bears and let them loose on the Pyramid stage while Kasabian are doing their opening number.

The Metallica fans are happy, the bears are happy and the people with nothing to watch on the Sunday night are happy.

Boycott the festival then.

But then you would also have to boycott Coke, Mickey D's, Intel and any computer manufacturers, half of the clothes you buy, beers, wine, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft, Kelloggs, Proctor and Gamble, cigarettes, skins, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Apple, Ford, Google. Facebook, etc etc etc.

No food, no clothes, no internet, no phones, no TV.

They all (mostly!) pay huge amounts of tax which go into the coffers of the US government which in turn spends it on gun and hunting programs which now only allow people to hunt but heavily promotes it.

A lot of these companies are directly or indirectly involved in mass producing hunting equipment and are heavily involved in the industry. Go onto the NRA's Twitter or Facebook page. Go onto the North American Hunting Clubs page on Facebook. Horrific.

Next time you go buy a bottle of Lenor in Tesco, just remember that you are contributing to the hunting industry in America. Actually, even the most staunch vegan has heavily contributed to the murder of innocent animals around the globe.

I bought bog roll yesterday and someone shot an otter in Missouri.

Bryan Ferry, Roger Daltery, Roger Waters, PJ Harvey, Eric Clapton... (Just to name a few) are all pro hunting & have all played the festival before so it's not like he's an exception to any rule. Hell, Eavis himself is pro hunting.

Bunch of c**ts, the lot of them. Such is life though I'm afraid.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Get on board with the IDA. Or PETA. Or an organisation who has an international standing and the ear of a government. An organisation who knows how to get things done, who can onboard celebs, rich c**ts, people who can make a difference. An organisation thats being crying out for help, any help, for over 30 years. Unlike these Facebook crews and their mock outrage.

Sitting on a couch and setting up a Facebook group on your iphone is completely pointless. In my opinion its actually harmful as it dilutes whats already there PETA, Greenpeace, IDA etc. Theres already multiple platforms to voice these things.

But people do it instead because they want to make it clear how personally outraged they are. "Look at me, look at me I'm such a good person".

If everyone is as outraged as they say, why not join up and drop a donation to the IDA?

Theres the link, all you have to do is click it. Takes a mere two minutes to sign up to the mailing list. And a further two minutes to donate.