Shame, I quite wanted to see Metallica

Guest Major Charles Ingram

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're not happy about this, don't watch them.

Should they be removed? No.

Are you going to protest at their set and waste an opportunity seeing someone else? If you do, you're a Neanderthal.

Bear/elephant/fox hunting is wrong. But unless they bring out a live bear and shoot it on stage, I'll be watching, not complaining.

What a surprise. Metallica are macho dick heads who take pleasure in hunting animals for sport. Don't get me wrong. If he's going to eat that bear and it is from a sustainable population then there's nothing wrong with hunting wild animals for food (though I personaly do not eat meat). But really, judging by the photo I don't think this is the case here, just a prick with a gun who takes perverse pleasure killing a truley magnificent animal for kicks then posing next to the still warm carcass trying to look like a big man. Knob.

bear-300x204.png

Spreading awareness, okay, but removing a headliner that will have taken over a year to sort out because of a late agenda-driven Facebook campaign is lunacy. And I imagine the people behind the campaign are oblivious to Eavis' stance towards hunting and would condemn it all the same but haven't shunned the festival like the people they're masquerading as.

I don't like Metallica, and I think James Hetfield is the worst part of Metallica, and I also now dislike him for bear hunting. Nevertheless I firmly believe this is just a stunt by people using the festival against itself and I think people are kind of low to do that.

Spreading awareness, okay, but removing a headliner that will have taken over a year to sort out because of a late agenda-driven Facebook campaign is lunacy. And I imagine the people behind the campaign are oblivious to Eavis' stance towards hunting and would condemn it all the same but haven't shunned the festival like the people they're masquerading as.

I don't like Metallica, and I think James Hetfield is the worst part of Metallica, and I also now dislike him for bear hunting. Nevertheless I firmly believe this is just a stunt by people using the festival against itself and I think people are kind of low to do that.

Boycott the festival then.

But then you would also have to boycott Coke, Mickey D's, Intel and any computer manufacturers, half of the clothes you buy, beers, wine, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft, Kelloggs, Proctor and Gamble, cigarettes, skins, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Apple, Ford, Google. Facebook, etc etc etc.

No food, no clothes, no internet, no phones, no TV.

They all (mostly!) pay huge amounts of tax which go into the coffers of the US government which in turn spends it on gun and hunting programs which now only allow people to hunt but heavily promotes it.

A lot of these companies are directly or indirectly involved in mass producing hunting equipment and are heavily involved in the industry. Go onto the NRA's Twitter or Facebook page. Go onto the North American Hunting Clubs page on Facebook. Horrific.

Next time you go buy a bottle of Lenor in Tesco, just remember that you are contributing to the hunting industry in America. Actually, even the most staunch vegan has heavily contributed to the murder of innocent animals around the globe.

I bought bog roll yesterday and someone shot an otter in Missouri.

Boycott the festival then.

But then you would also have to boycott Coke, Mickey D's, Intel and any computer manufacturers, half of the clothes you buy, beers, wine, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft, Kelloggs, Proctor and Gamble, cigarettes, skins, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Apple, Ford, Google. Facebook, etc etc etc.

No food, no clothes, no internet, no phones, no TV.

They all (mostly!) pay huge amounts of tax which go into the coffers of the US government which in turn spends it on gun and hunting programs which now only allow people to hunt but heavily promotes it.

A lot of these companies are directly or indirectly involved in mass producing hunting equipment and are heavily involved in the industry. Go onto the NRA's Twitter or Facebook page. Go onto the North American Hunting Clubs page on Facebook. Horrific.

Next time you go buy a bottle of Lenor in Tesco, just remember that you are contributing to the hunting industry in America. Actually, even the most staunch vegan has heavily contributed to the murder of innocent animals around the globe.

I bought bog roll yesterday and someone shot an otter in Missouri.